Troubleshoot your device issues
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 8:37 PM

Windows Phone Unlocking Questions and Discussion (All Models)

How can I get my Windows Phone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Your device is designed to work on the AT&T wireless network, and may require a device unlock to operate on another compatible wireless network.

AT&T can send you unlock instructions upon request, provided that we can reasonably obtain them from the manufacturer and that you meet the requirements below. You should receive a response within two business days.

To unlock your phone, just complete our simple online unlock request form.

Business customers can request an unlock code for a business device Here.

Note: AT&T cannot unlock devices from other wireless carriers.

General Requirements for All Unlock Requests

• The device must be designed for use on, and locked to, the AT&T wireless network. (For help see Device Unlock Support )
  • It must not be reported lost or stolen.
  • It’s not associated with fraudulent activity.
  • All the device’s service commitments and installment plans are completed, and all early termination fees are paid in full.
  • The device is not currently active on a different AT&T customer’s account.
  • If you performed an early upgrade, you must wait the 14-day buyer’s remorse period before you can request to unlock your previous device.

Postpaid Customers

• Your account must be active for at least 60 days, with no past due or unpaid balance.

Prepaid / GoPhone®

• The device must be active for at least six months of paid service.

Non-AT&T Mobility Customers

• You’ve never had an AT&T wireless account and you meet the General Requirements for unlock requests.

Deployed Military Personnel (Current AT&T Customers Only)

• Current AT&T customers who are active and deployed military personnel, and have provided deployment verification, need to meet all the General Requirements, except those related to the device's service commitments, installment plans and early termination fees.
  • AT&T, at its sole discretion, may limit the number of devices military personnel can unlock.

Important:

AT&T reserves the right to deny any unlock request that it concludes would result in an abuse of this policy or is part of an effort to defraud AT&T or its customers. AT&T further reserves the right to alter this unlocking policy at its discretion without advance notice.

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

You already have the official answer.  Gophones are subsidized devices and ATT doesn't have to unlock them until they complete 6 months, per the terms of service.   Sorry.

Official Solution

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

How can i get my unlock code my phone is nokia lumina1020 IMEI [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I try to get the unlock code for my Nokia Lumia 520 but the AT&T system doesn't recognize my IMEI number?? How can I get this code so I can use my phone in the Netherlands (where I live)? I bought this phone at an AT&T shop during my holidays in the USA last spring together with a GoPhone service. Thanks in advance for your anwers/help.

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

9 years ago

You have to contact customer service over the phone, and hopefully they can solve your problem by manually submitting a form for you

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Hi,

That's the problem, I live in the Netherlands and cannot call a 800 number (toll free). Is there an email address which I can use?

Thanks.

Maarten

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi

I live in Korea, and I bought asus vivotab tablet 

but I can't find how to unlock it to use with korean carrier.

how can I unlock it?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

All unlocks must go through the AT&T unlock portal.

On this page, when you agree that you have read the terms and conitions, it will take you to the unlock portal.

AT&T unlock 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hello 

I have a new nokia go phone of 635model the problem is wheather does it work out of USA like India , can i unlock the phone and it is not yet active up to now the device which i have is prepaid ones and No annual contract so can any one help me out from this problem the thiing is i need to unlock the phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Got the unlock code 2 months and still can't unlock the phone. It kept asking for PIN when there was no PIN for the SIM. Nokia guy said it might be locked for 3 attempts with bad PIN and only AT&T can unlock the phone for that. Went to AT&T store and the guy sent me to nearby T-mobile store to get the AT&T phone unlocked. Tmobile guy tried but the phone was actually still locked, so I tried to unlock it again myself, but it's still locked because it says the unlock code from AT&T was wrong. Contacted AT&T and they verified that the unlock code was correct. Anyone unlocked a Lumia phone successfully? How? Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.