Troubleshoot your device issues
foxbat121's profile

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 6:10 PM

Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Focus owners please report here if you get the update. You don't have to wait for the notification. Connect your phone to Zune software and check the update from inside Zune.

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

13 years ago

Did you plug the phone into the Zune software and check there?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Yep, first thing I did when I got home today after work.  Still says phone is up to date with version 7004

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

13 years ago

Connect your phone to Zune desktop and if you're not prompted with an update notice, go to settings>phone and click on update

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Thats what I have been doing...still nothing.  Thought I read somewhere it was a partial rollout, maybe it just hasn't hit my device yet.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

For those who are still on the fence or already updated through other means, the official update also comes with newer firmware. You will have to re-brand your phone if you unbranded in order to get NoDo earlier in order to see the Samsung updates.

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

13 years ago

@foxbat121 wrote:

For those who are still on the fence or already updated through other means, the official update also comes with newer firmware. You will have to re-brand your phone if you unbranded in order to get NoDo earlier in order to see the Samsung updates.

This is true, not really sure what the "Samsung" updates are other then WISPr & support for the AT&T Address Book but I have to say it took much longer to install the AT&T NoDO update W/Samsung updates then it did for the unbranding version I installed last month..  

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

13 years ago

I ran the update, and now I have a completely dead Samsung Focus

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

@pmt1209 wrote:

This is true, not really sure what the "Samsung" updates are other then WISPr & support for the AT&T Address Book but I have to say it took much longer to install the AT&T NoDO update W/Samsung updates then it did for the unbranding version I installed last month..  

• Capacitive buttons are temporarily disabled to prevent accidental "clicks": before the update, if you had an app open and you put your finger on the screen and dragged it down to the capacitive button area, you'd activate those buttons. Now you do not. This is huge for gaming on the Focus, to say the least.
  • Camera auto defaults to "anti-shake": this was a no brainer, the Focus has an anti-shake setting on it, so why would you not want that enabled by default? Evidently, Samsung saw the light on this and now it's on automatically, resulting we think in a higher percentage of steady shots

Info taken from http://www.wpcentral.com/new-features-focus-firmware-update

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

Apart from those features, the phone firmware version is bumpped up and we could assume some much needed bug fixes in Samsung part as well (Bluetooth fix? microSD fix?).

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

13 years ago

Any idea why this update would cause my Focus to brick?  It got to "Rebooting Phone" and it never powered back up again.  I've tried switching out the battery  and then back in but still no response.  Doesn't acknowledge it being plugged into the outlet either.  The battery was full power when I performed the update so it can't be the battery...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.