Troubleshoot your device issues
foxbat121's profile

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 6:10 PM

Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Focus owners please report here if you get the update. You don't have to wait for the notification. Connect your phone to Zune software and check the update from inside Zune.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@GBK wrote:

Exactly..  it's obvious they don't care about the customer once they got you suckered into a long term contract. 

I think it's time to let the voices be heard for both Android and WP7.. you treat us like crap we drop you like a ton of bricks.

the door is on your left, vote with your wallet and leave for greener pastures. The same exact statement was made on almost every forum for all carriers about not gettingsoftware updates. Contrary to popular belief - it is not just ATT. Seen the same complaints on the verizon board, the sprint forums and on generic wireless forums that are genderless on the carriers

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

13 years ago

And customers like you are problem because instead of standing up and making the company accountable, all you do is roll over and let them do what they please

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

13 years ago

@GBK wrote:

And customers like you are problem because instead of standing up and making the company accountable, all you do is roll over and let them do what they please

I hear you GBK... I myself gave up waiting and went the debrand route and installed both updates today.. No problems and have to say this Focus is a bit quicker and copy and paste is pretty sweet,,, I've been waiting months for it 🙂

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

13 years ago

I hear you GBK... I myself gave up waiting and went the debrand route and installed both updates today.. No problems and have to say this Focus is a bit quicker and copy and paste is pretty sweet,,, I've been waiting months for it 🙂

Awesome.. I did the same thing today.. rocking the new update liking it.. no issues of any kind.

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

13 years ago

Good job GBK, did you see that Samsung Registry editor was still there under apps?  I noticed I could rebrand my focus back to ATT-US but didn't, figured I may need to change it to Rogers or some other carrier depending on who releases Mango first 🙂

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

13 years ago

@pmt1209 wrote:

Good job GBK, did you see that Samsung Registry editor was still there under apps?  I noticed I could rebrand my focus back to ATT-US but didn't, figured I may need to change it to Rogers or some other carrier depending on who releases Mango first 🙂

Did notice that.. I kept mine there as well.  it is quite useful after all Smiley Happy   It's been working fine unbranded and with the udpate even better what would be the point to rebrand at least for now?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@GBK wrote:

accountable for exactly what? Where in the contract with any carrier does it state that all phones will recieve all updates all the time?

Have to have something in writting for any company to be held acountable for. I hold all the wireless carriers I do business with accountable for what is documented in the contracts and the SLA's that I have signed with them, just like I expect my customers to hold my company accountable for what is documented in our contract with them.  The sales rep that is assigned to my corporate account will definately vouch for the fact that I do not "roll over and let them do what they please" is it is documented in the binding contract, I carry the same over to my personal account

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

13 years ago

wingrider01 wrote:

accountable for exactly what? Where in the contract with any carrier does it state that all phones will recieve all updates all the time?

Have to have something in writting for any company to be held acountable for. I hold all the wireless carriers I do business with accountable for what is documented in the contracts and the SLA's that I have signed with them, just like I expect my customers to hold my company accountable for what is documented in our contract with them.  The sales rep that is assigned to my corporate account will definately vouch for the fact that I do not "roll over and let them do what they please" is it is documented in the binding contract, I carry the same over to my personal account

Bluetooth failing to pair with headsets and car units, marketplace crashes and other numerous issues.  Those are critical experience pieces that you expect to work when you pay money for a product and service. 

Yes fixing these is on Microsoft which they have done.. While the fools (an appropriate word for today) at ATT are dragging their feet refusing to provide me an experience I was sold.  I expect them to follow thru and remediate in a timely fashion.  The bottom line is they've failed to live up to the level of service they sold us on during the Launch of the product where both Microsoft and ATT claimed to premier partners.  Well both of them apparently decided that talk was enough.

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

13 years ago

I'm sure this  all stems from total frustration with MS and ATT,  both share the blame BUT at the moment it's AT&T who is holding back the update the rest of the world is getting.. An update the may correct the issues people are experiencing.. Let's face it they are just holding it back to avoid any possible problems with either update, not for our concern rather their cost savings on tech support..  I emailed att's tech support asking where is the update and the answer given was "we are waiting for AT&T and the phone manufacturers to OK the update".. To that I responded "obviously the Manufacturers have ok'd it since the rest of the world is getting the updates", a reply was never received, not a surprise.. That's when I decided to go get it myself and I did,  with that I am already poised to get Mango when its released, lord knows AT&T will not be the first to release that when it becomes available, my guess is again they will be dead last!! AGAIN... 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@GBK wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

Bluetooth failing to pair with headsets and car units, marketplace crashes and other numerous issues.  Those are critical experience pieces that you expect to work when you pay money for a product and service. 

Yes fixing these is on Microsoft which they have done.. While the fools (an appropriate word for today) at ATT are dragging their feet refusing to provide me an experience I was sold.  I expect them to follow thru and remediate in a timely fashion.  The bottom line is they've failed to live up to the level of service they sold us on during the Launch of the product where both Microsoft and ATT claimed to premier partners.  Well both of them apparently decided that talk was enough.

pair the focus with the MS Sync in my Shelby Cobra with no issues and my wife's Edge, have a plantronics that works also, been running a 32gb Kingston class 4 memory card in the phone since day one with 26GB in use.

Who has failed - if anyone it is microsoft for releasing a product that have these flaws in it, but then again I seem to remember the exact same growing pains on the original iphone.

What level of serivce did they sell you exactly? Do not recall anything in the carrier terms of service for any carrier that indicates the SLA that you are thinking is in place. Not sure where this "expierence" was that you bought is sold though.

Have no doubt the update will come eventually, just not as instaneous as some people want.

http://app.tech.pentontech.com/e/es.aspx?s=1481&e=65067&elq=6ed0395917f14072ab60bcd587a584a3

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.