Troubleshoot your device issues
foxbat121's profile

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 6:10 PM

Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Focus owners please report here if you get the update. You don't have to wait for the notification. Connect your phone to Zune software and check the update from inside Zune.

Scholar

• 

116 Messages

13 years ago

Mine too!

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

13 years ago

http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-focus-getting-nodo-pushed-out-by-rogers-canada/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

And there it is.. the laziness and incompetence of AT&T is validated by Rogers of Canada.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

Microsoft has updated the update page. AT&T phones now have a foot note of testing done on early April. So, if everything goes according to the plan, we will see AT&T phones start to get NoDo at the end of the April, the same time frame of the rumored HD7S release date.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-schedule-usa.aspx

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

13 years ago

The Focus is getting updated as we speak in Canada

http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-focus-getting-nodo-pushed-out-by-rogers-canada/#idc-container

THIS IS ALL ON AT&T

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

13 years ago

@foxbat121 wrote:

Microsoft has updated the update page. AT&T phones now have a foot note of testing done on early April. So, if everything goes according to the plan, we will see AT&T phones start to get NoDo at the end of the April, the same time frame of the rumored HD7S release date.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-schedule-usa.aspx

BINGO....  AT&T really bites...

I said it weeks ago, we would be the absolute last ones to get the update and sadly AT&T delivered.... NOT  

I guess AT&T can't hear their users, reviewers and bloggers slaying them. daily..

I really don't think I can wait another 4 weeks... 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

ATT treats WP7 customers like a red headed stepchild. Really tics me off how they can do a IOS update in record time but can't do a stinkin WP7 uspdate with months of lead time. Maybe they are trying to kill off WP7 users.

To quote ARS,,

The bad news? AT&T is still "testing" the update. A footnote says that the company hopes this "testing" will be complete by "early April." It's worth pointing out that the first Windows Phone 7 update started rolling out more than six weeks ago, and still isn't available to AT&T users—and yet over that same timeframe, Apple has developed iOS 4.3.1, tested it internally, given the software to network operators for whatever testing they may need to do, and then rolled it out to every user of the iPhone 3GS, GSM iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2, iPod touch 3rd generation, and iPod touch 4th generation. Including AT&T customers. We've asked AT&T if it is willing to shed any light on this—explain what the testing is, why it takes so long, and why the iPhone has none of these problems—but the company hasn't got back to us.

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/03/updated-windows-phone-schedule-good-news-for-most-att-still-awful.ars

Professor

• 

451 Messages

13 years ago

@zonzin wrote:

ATT treats WP7 customers like a red headed stepchild. Really tics me off how they can do a IOS update in record time but can't do a stinkin WP7 uspdate with months of lead time. Maybe they are trying to kill off WP7 users.

To quote ARS,,

The bad news? AT&T is still "testing" the update. A footnote says that the company hopes this "testing" will be complete by "early April." It's worth pointing out that the first Windows Phone 7 update started rolling out more than six weeks ago, and still isn't available to AT&T users—and yet over that same timeframe, Apple has developed iOS 4.3.1, tested it internally, given the software to network operators for whatever testing they may need to do, and then rolled it out to every user of the iPhone 3GS, GSM iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2, iPod touch 3rd generation, and iPod touch 4th generation. Including AT&T customers. We've asked AT&T if it is willing to shed any light on this—explain what the testing is, why it takes so long, and why the iPhone has none of these problems—but the company hasn't got back to us.

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/03/updated-windows-phone-schedule-good-news-for-most-att-still-awful.ars

Microsoft is starting to acknowledge the disappointment—or outright anger—that the cack-handed update has caused. In an update to an earlier blog post, Eric Hautala (general manager for Windows Phone "Customer Experience Engineering") wrote:

I know many of you are disappointed, even angry. You certainly have a right to be. We've fallen far short of your expectations, and our own, and for that I'm truly sorry. We didn't set out to let you down. But it's clear we did. Whether you're someone who has followed our progress from the start, or are new to Windows Phone, you deserve the updates we've promised. My job is to get us on the right path and deliver them.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

I was supposed to sign up with AT&T for the entire package (Uverse &Wireless) and this is why I decided not to go through with my U-verse installation.  Unfortunately, I got my WP7 through them.  The WP7 phone is amazing it's just that AT&T blows.  Data caps and postponing updates...Life without walls, except when it comes to AT&T.  I've already talked several people out of signing on with AT&T, I only wish someone had talked me out of going with them...

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@zonzin wrote:

To quote ARS,,

Think I have seen those words before, except it had the word android in place of WP7.....

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

13 years ago

Exactly..  it's obvious they don't care about the customer once they got you suckered into a long term contract. 

I think it's time to let the voices be heard for both Android and WP7.. you treat us like crap we drop you like a ton of bricks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.