Troubleshoot your device issues
foxbat121's profile

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 6:10 PM

Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Focus owners please report here if you get the update. You don't have to wait for the notification. Connect your phone to Zune software and check the update from inside Zune.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

They haven't completely fixed the issue yet. Some Focus owners, through hacking to get updates, are reporting that they still need to uninstall a few apps to free up space on the phone before the pre-NoDo update can be applied successfully.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

13 years ago

I'm tired of excuses.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

How can this be Microsoft's fault if the update can be installed with a registry hack?  The update is ready to go, Microsoft has nothing left to do.

It seems this is all on AT&T.

For those that are going to switch to the iphone4, good luck, you will miss out on hardware based accelerating IE9 browser, silverlight,  the best multitasking, fastest growing appstore.

For those that think windows phone 7 will fail due to the slow inital update process, take a look at this:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9215277/Windows_Phone_to_hit_second_spot_by_2015_IDC_says

All I can say is good things come to those who wait.

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

13 years ago

@foxbat121 wrote:

They haven't completely fixed the issue yet. Some Focus owners, through hacking to get updates, are reporting that they still need to uninstall a few apps to free up space on the phone before the pre-NoDo update can be applied successfully.

I'm pretty sure that is the problem, too, and that is the reason they are not releasing the updates for the other two phones as that will bascially call out Samsung's faulty phone. Btw, any chance you can link to a couple of users reporting that, as you mentioned in your post?

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

13 years ago

Seems like Tmobile users got their NoDo update. It is pretty obvious that Samsung's crappy Focus is holding it up for ATT (including HTC and LG users)

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

13 years ago

@foxbat121 wrote:

That's not a unknown issue nor a problem which they had with the original pre-nodo update.. If you go to the Windows Phone 7 update site they tell you that you may have to uninstall or remove data on your phone for the update to install correctly, apparently it needs free space on the phone for the update to install correctly..  the good news it no one has bricked their phone installing the updates now released,, 

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/basics/make-room-on-your-phone-to-update-it.aspx

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

@guandalf wrote:

I'm pretty sure that is the problem, too, and that is the reason they are not releasing the updates for the other two phones as that will bascially call out Samsung's faulty phone. Btw, any chance you can link to a couple of users reporting that, as you mentioned in your post?

I saw it on XDA.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

@mikroland wrote:

How can this be Microsoft's fault if the update can be installed with a registry hack?  The update is ready to go, Microsoft has nothing left to do.

It seems this is all on AT&T.

I guess you failed to read my previous post.

AT&T is doing what AT&T always does. Noone expect anything different (so is Samsung who always product faulty firmwares). The problem is MS can't push this forward with all its power and money. In the mean time, Apple released its iOS 4.3 ahead of schedule and a quick patch shortly after, all through the same AT&T.

@mikroland wrote:

For those that are going to switch to the iphone4, good luck, you will miss out on hardware based accelerating IE9 browser, silverlight,  the best multitasking, fastest growing appstore.

For those that think windows phone 7 will fail due to the slow inital update process, take a look at this:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9215277/Windows_Phone_to_hit_second_spot_by_2015_IDC_says

All I can say is good things come to those who wait.

You will only get those features by 2015 with the pace Microsoft is releasing updates:) It can't even get a simple Copy&Paste update out for 4 to 5 months.

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

13 years ago

Now I see US T-Mobile is releasing it to their customers in the 1st wave, good thing for their customers AT&T hasn't gotten hold of them yet or they'd be waiting a LONG time for the update, I have no doubt we will be in the very last wave,,, go figure 

http://www.winrumors.com/windows-phone-7-nodo-update-pushed-out-to-orange-and-t-mobile-hd7-owners/

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

13 years ago

My ATT Focus works perfectly (and better than it did before), since I updated it with NoDo.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.