For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
foxbat121's profile

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 6:10 PM

Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Focus owners please report here if you get the update. You don't have to wait for the notification. Connect your phone to Zune software and check the update from inside Zune.

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

13 years ago

This post by one of the most prominent Microsoft bloggers, says it all.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

It is still Microsoft's problem because AT&T's behavior is normal for AT&T and predictable. If MS promises something (a timely update for all WP7 users), it needs to forsee and overcome any carrier road blocks. Why Apple can push out iOS 4.3 before schedule and quickly put out a patch shortly after? It's the same AT&T.

It's an epic failure on Microsoft side. There is no one else to blame for. Because of this, I'm seriously re-considering purchase any more WP7 phones. This is from a die hard WM fans who owened nothing but WM phones since WM2003.

If Microsoft continues on this path, I can see most WP fans will bail out. I know MS could care less because they already has Nokia on the hook who can mass produce hundreds of millions of cheap WP7 phones that no one really cares about (just like the hundreds of millions of Nokia phones they produced today).

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Don't become another iNaive.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

13 years ago

yes the Iphone sucks .. but at least these people get their updates without ATT randomly holding them hostage for MONTHS.

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

13 years ago

Apparently, somone at XDA has figured out how to force NoDo on the Focus, but unless you have the Chevron tool to unlock the phone, you're in no luck

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

13 years ago

Honestly this update has been a total debacle and our lovely carrier (AT&T) is just rubbing salt in our wounds by holding it back.  Let's face it MS has tested the crap out of this update with the phone manufacturers since the pre-NoDo update fiasco so it is indeed ready to go, there hasn't been a problem reported since NoDo was released a week ago.  
AT&T is just holding it back to see if the rest of the world runs into any problems..
Bottom line; WE WILL BE THE LAST TO SEE THE UPDATE!!!  
Worse yet is I believe having a Focus I expect we Focus owners will be the absolute last ones to see the update since it was Samsung phones that had the most problems with the "pre-NoDo" update...
If you think I'm kidding just look at the "Where's my update" site at MS, only AT&T phones all show they are still stuck in the "Testing" stage.. BULL!!
And If you Look at the global release (outside the US) you will see over  95% of the WP7 users are receiving or scheduling to receive the updates already..

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-schedule-usa.aspx

Sent from my iPad

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

@pmt1209 wrote:

Honestly this update has been a total debacle and our lovely carrier (AT&T) is just rubbing salt in our wounds by holding it back.  Let's face it MS has tested the crap out of this update with the phone manufacturers since the pre-NoDo update fiasco so it is indeed ready to go, there hasn't been a problem reported since NoDo was released a week ago.

Your statement seems contradicting itself. If Microsoft really tested crap of the update, how can Samsung phones can't even pass the pre-nodo update?

Let's face it, if accroding to MS' own word that pre-nodo has 90% of success rate, that's a very scarely figure to carriers. Those 10% failure means phones returned to carrier for warranty services or phone calls to tech support for help, both means $$$ on support cost.

Explorer

• 

10 Messages

13 years ago

"Let's face it, if accroding to MS' own word that pre-nodo has 90% of success rate, that's a very scarely figure to carriers. Those 10% failure means phones returned to carrier for warranty services or phone calls to tech support for help, both means $$$ on support cost."

So their defense is their failure? Sorry about that update we made, it just blows up too many phones, you understand right?

No thanks. I bought a Focus day one, told my friends about WP7 who never herad of it, and have been in Microsofts and AT&T's corner the whole time. I gave them a chance with the first update, I "understood" these things happen. I gave them some time with the second update (Which was supposed to be unblockable after a prior update was blocked). Turn out AT&T can't bother to give me an update, and by the sounds of it Microfsoft is sort of wondering what is going on as well. Apparently neither multi billion dollar company can give us a clear cut answer.

So last night I (sadly) ordered another iPhone 4. I prefer the WP7 OS, but not enough to be a martyr. 

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

@F0REM4N wrote:

Apparently neither multi billion dollar company can give us a clear cut answer.

So last night I (sadly) ordered another iPhone 4. I prefer the WP7 OS, but not enough to be a martyr. 

I'm affraid a lot of ppl will go the same way. I predict WP7 will ended up being another 'Symbian' that loaded to millions of cheap, crappy, low end Nokia phones only.

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

13 years ago

@foxbat121 wrote:

@pmt1209 wrote:

Your statement seems contradicting itself. If Microsoft really tested crap of the update, how can Samsung phones can't even pass the pre-nodo update?

Let's face it, if accroding to MS' own word that pre-nodo has 90% of success rate, that's a very scarely figure to carriers. Those 10% failure means phones returned to carrier for warranty services or phone calls to tech support for help, both means $$$ on support cost.

No contradiction made, they have tested the crap out of the update "since the pre-NoDo update".. I made that statement because since then the glitch was corrected and with the rerelease last week there hasn't been any reports of any phones bricking after receiving the "corrected" update..  

I agree 10% is a very big failure rate and could have been higher if we got it lol, but again that happened with the initial pre-nodo release..

My original point was they found the problem and corrected so there really isn't a reason for AT&T to hold it back now BUT they are and will until everyone outside the US gets it and they see it's ok.. 

The guys over at XDA are de-branding their Focus phones to get the update and there hasn't been any problems..

Bottom line is we AT&T Focus owners probably won't see the update until late April if we are lucky and I don't know about you but I don't feel too lucky these days.. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.