Troubleshoot your device issues
Jaxbot's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, November 22nd, 2008 5:26 PM

Closed

Windows Mobile Internet Sharing coverage?

Hi.

I'm an really confused now, because of random other opinions I've seen while searching.

So here's my question: If I have a MediaNET data plan on my Windows Mobile phone (8525), and I plug it into my computer, and enable Internet Sharing, will I be charged extra for having my computer plugged in? Or will my data plan cover it?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

3K Messages

15 years ago

If you don't have a PDA data plan that includes tethering, you will be charged an additional $0.01/kb of data transferred.  Internet sharing uses the isp.cingular APN, which is not provisioned on the MediaNet or PDA personal plans and you will be charged accordingly.  Been there, done that.  Smiley Wink

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

That's lame.

What stops me from just writing a program for my phone that connects to MediaNET and then relays to my computer?

Guru

• 

833 Messages

15 years ago

Perhaps the terms of service agreement that you signed?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

*sigh* thats true.

Guru

• 

778 Messages

15 years ago

And, on top of that, you are already on the wrong data plan.  Your "MediaNet" plan is for non-PDA type devices.  You, as a PDA user, SHOULD be on the PDA personal plan (currently $30/mo).  You, like so many others, "slipped through the cracks" when you upgraded to your 8525.  While not "right", you may go indefinitely without AT&T discovering their error.  If you suddenly started pumping massive amounts of data through the phone by tethering, it would PROBABLY raise some flags and get you a serious monetary adjustment to your bill....

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

Thats the plan I meant, I just forgot what it was called.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.