Troubleshoot your device issues
azurecrimsonrose's profile

Mentor

• 

91 Messages

Saturday, January 19th, 2013 11:32 PM

Will an AT&T SIM card work in a Straight Talk phone?

Hello.  I heard that Straight Talk phones use AT&T Wireless cell phone towers.  Is this true?  Do Straigh Talk phones work with AT&T service?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, your SIM card will work with an AT&T compatible or unlocked GSM phone. Per the Straight Talk website; to activate your service, you will need a Straight Talk Unlimited 30-day Service Plan card or credit card. Some data services may not be available with all wireless devices.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Curious to know if AT&T phones would work with Straight Talk, the other way around?

Mentor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

I already have AT&T Wireless service.  I was just wondering if the phone would work on AT&T's network with my number.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Can you tell me which data features will not work? I am considering purchasing a Nexus 4, and Att is pretty much my only option of carrier. Before i purchase the phone from google, i would like to know exactly what i am getting into.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

All Nexus 4 features work on AT&T just make sure your on a HSPA+ 4G plan. Or you can use straight talk 45$ unlimited Talk,Text,Data

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I currently have 3 phones with Straight Talk.  I have one that is unlocked that I will be switching now to AT&T.  My question is, I also have an Iphone 4 and a Samsung Galaxy S3 that I bought with Straight Talk/ as Straight Talk phones.  Can I switch these over to AT&T with problem as well?  If so, do I need to get SIM cards?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

@skduke wrote:

I currently have 3 phones with Straight Talk.  I have one that is unlocked that I will be switching now to AT&T.  My question is, I also have an Iphone 4 and a Samsung Galaxy S3 that I bought with Straight Talk/ as Straight Talk phones.  Can I switch these over to AT&T with problem as well?  If so, do I need to get SIM cards?

Yes, you shouldn't have a problem carrying over your iPhone 4 and your S III as long as they are unlocked. You will need to get new microSIM cards for both phones. You can either activate the SIMs yourself or simply go to an AT&T store to get new ones. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Okay, thank you. I received a different response from someone else in this
forum saying I would need an unlock code as well from Straight Talk. Do you
know if that is true?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, you will need to get an unlock code for both phones in order to unlock them and bring them to AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

have you found the answer to this question? i was wondering the same thing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.