For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Phoenix930's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, March 9th, 2009 11:02 PM

Closed

Why is my battery running out faster?

I put a 2GB memory card in my 760a, and for a couple months I could go through a day with normal use (calls, no music) using only about 3-7% of the battery. I started listening to music on the phone, & ever since then the phone goes through half the battery every day even if I don't listen to any music (clearing out the memory card also does nothing). What happened?
Message Edited by Phoenix930 on 03-09-2009 04:03:23 PM

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

I checked & both are disabled. I just now turned it off & back on. I also turned off an option for the email to send a text message whenever I recieve. I hope it all makes a difference.
Message Edited by Phoenix930 on 03-10-2009 06:33:36 PM

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

You aren't leaving your bluetooth connection turned on, are you?  Or you don't have anything accidentally minimized and still running in the background?  On the W580i for example, I can minimize the pedometer/fitness application to use the Walkman at the same time.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

I went to settings>connectivity>bluetooth & turned the option off as soon as I got the phone, so as far as I know that should be disabled. As far as unknown programs running in the background, there's no window icon at the top of the screen. One thing beyond the music I can think of is a game I downloaded, so that might be using up battery even if I'm not playing it. I looked for an option to uninstall it though & found nothing. Does it use up battery if I stop a music file in mid-play & exit the player?
Message Edited by Phoenix930 on 03-09-2009 05:45:02 PM

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

Hopefully some users with the W760a who are more familiar with what is on the phone will have some thoughts.  Bluetooth, the GPS application, and the Walkman are the primary ones I can think of to make certain are off when you aren't using them.

You're sure your usage hasn't otherwise increased - time spent on phone calls, etc. from when you first got the phone? 🙂  Of course it's a different phone, but I'd say my W580i's battery will generally last only about 4 days with virtually no usage - just being left on all the time.   

Message Edited by hme83 on 03-09-2009 08:09:58 PM

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

15 years ago

Your phone doesn't use up the battery if you stop the music in mid-play.

Try turning the phone off and on.  That will eliminate the possiblity of an applilcation like a game running minimized in the background.

Double check the Bluetooth and GPS to make sure they are off.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

I'm not sure whether it was the on-off or turning off the text option that did it, but it's back to only going through 2-3% in 8 hours. I plan to retry playing music & see whether that changes anything.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

Glad to hear that. 🙂  My guess is that you did have something running in the background and the on/off power cycle terminated the application.

Just FYI if you ever use bluetooth - make sure you physically turn it off.  At least on my W580i, a power cycle will not turn off the bluetooth radio if it is left on (which probably makes sense, but it's a good thing to keep in mind as bluetooth will run down the battery pretty quickly).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.