Troubleshoot your device issues
Sqrounddancer's profile

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 9:04 AM

Why all the cell phone unlock issues

When I was a t mobile custormer years ago i called and got 3 different cell phones unlocked over the phone in mins but i hear all these ppl on here saying att is giving them a hard time makes them go through there website t mobile unlocked them no charge and over the phone it was easy. Dont understand why something so easy has to be so complicated i did a samsung highlight windows phone another phone with t mobile spent about 5 to 10 mins on the phone with them each time.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hey there, it's actually not complicated at all. AT&T will be happy to unlock any qualifying phone for its customers, as long as the unlock requirements are met. Doing it through the website simplifies this process for everyone. Full terms and requirements can be reviewed here: att.com/deviceunlock.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Still was easier the way tmobile did it call in the give you unlock code over the phone and walk you through the process of unlocking your phone. Step by step over the phone thats great support. Friendly nice fast no waiting. Not sure if they still do this. This is what I was saying.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

It depends on the phone model. iPhones have to be unlocked by the manufacuter through their servers. It cannot be done by a "code". I think that there are other models that are that way. The phones that can be unlocked by code are much simpler than those that must be manufacturer unlocked.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

And ofcourse the link you gave is an error.thanks a lot!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.