Troubleshoot your device issues
chedardog's profile

Mentor

• 

13 Messages

Friday, February 3rd, 2017 5:25 PM

When will AT&T have BB OS 10.3.3.x available via OTA?

BlackBery has released the following OS Updates

10.3.3.2205 on Jan 24

10.3.3.2163 on Dec 15

10.3.3.2049 on Nov 30

Yet when we do a check via Settings | Software Updates, it tells us that v 10.3.2.556 is the latest version.

How long does AT&T need to do regression testing on an OS point release, and is there any ETA on when that will be completed by?

Not all of my users are skilled enough to manually do a device OS update via autoloader files, so having this available via OTA download would be preferred.

Or is there a way for a device to be dis-associated from AT&T carrier, so that we can get the update pushed from Shop BlackBerry?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

7 years ago

Well, will wonders never cease.

Figured I'd post in this thread since it was a more general OS question.

AT&T has apparently now released 10.3.3.2205 (shows up as it's Software Release number - 10.3.3.1463 on the "About" screen) for all their BB10 devices.

The Passport got it first a week or so back.  The Q10 and Classic then got it soon after (although, I think one of them may have gotten it at the same time as the Passport), and now the Z10 today.

I know there's maybe 7 or 8 of us left still using an AT&T BB10 device, but if you haven't already taken things into your own hands and loaded up 2205 (like I did months ago), then you should get a notification for the update soon.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@chedardog wrote:

BlackBery has released the following OS Updates

10.3.3.2205 on Jan 24

10.3.3.2163 on Dec 15

10.3.3.2049 on Nov 30

Yet when we do a check via Settings | Software Updates, it tells us that v 10.3.2.556 is the latest version.

How long does AT&T need to do regression testing on an OS point release, and is there any ETA on when that will be completed by?

Not all of my users are skilled enough to manually do a device OS update via autoloader files, so having this available via OTA download would be preferred.

Or is there a way for a device to be dis-associated from AT&T carrier, so that we can get the update pushed from Shop BlackBerry?

you can use a non att autoloader and remove all traces of ATT..  crackberry is your friend for this...  And I would not look for ATT to bother updating any BB phones but the priv now and that one may not get updates anymore.  BB thru the carriers is now DEAD and you have to order all new phones from them.  With the shift to TCL the regular bb os will be killed off sometime.  since all TCL produced BB devices will use android.

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

7 years ago

I agree with glimmerman.  AT&T is obviously done with BlackBerry.  They've been stuck on a problematic .10.3.2.858 (that's also SR 10.3.2.556, which is what AT&T goes by for our participating audience) now for almost 2 years.  There have been plenty of better 10.3.2 builds since, many including important security fixes that .556 lacks.

Go for the autoloader for 10.3.3.2205.  I have it on my (AT&T locked) Z10, and it works great.  If your users aren't savvy with autoloaders, then offer to do it for them.  Better yet, you can use the non-destructive method which works fine too. Although, with such a big OS jump, an autoloader might be best.

Mentor

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

Almost 4 months after BlackBerry made it available to carriers 😉

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

So I installed BB OS 10.3.3.2205 as pushed by AT&T.  BIG MISTAKE.  The OS has major issues http://support.blackberry.com/kb/articleDetail?articleNumber=000039185&language=en_US > and if the problems persist BB's solution is to wipe your device and start over.  No ability to rollback the OS update.  Really? In this day and age you would think BB would be prepared to avoid anything that could give their public image another black-eye.  The OS update is so bad (how bad is it...) that BB tech support says they are no longer recommending the installation of this OS and have officially changed their recommended OS back to OS 10.3.2   Big booo for AT&T and Blackberry.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I just got a OTA Update for BB 10.3.3.2129, JUST NOW. Sept.5, 2018 (BB Classic).

sooooo.... I guess not so done with updates.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@chazbroam wrote:

I just got a OTA Update for BB 10.3.3.2129, JUST NOW. Sept.5, 2018 (BB Classic).

sooooo.... I guess not so done with updates.

From the looks of it something had a major security flaw in it.

https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1151997/BlackBerry/ClassicSQC1002/

(edited)

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

6 years ago

That build is actually still older that the last one released - SW 10.3.3.2137 (OS 10.3.3.3216) - back on April 4.

But, either way, they finally got the KRACK fix in 2129 and 2137. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.