When will AT&T get the G1 (Google Phone)?

Contributor

When will AT&T get the G1 (Google Phone)?

I see that the G1 is offered by T-Mobile.  Anyone know when AT&T will offer it?
Message 1 of 15 (14,369 Views)
Master

Re: When will AT&T get the G1 (Google Phone)?

jedihawk wrote:

I've heard rumors that there will be an htc touch phone with android software. But I'm not sure if/when it will come to att. But wireless providers aside t mobile are supppsed to get it. If the software on the phone is that good, other companies will have it too.
Message 2 of 15 (14,369 Views)
Professor

you could just go get yourself one of the unlocked g1s from google.
Message 3 of 15 (14,344 Views)
Contributor

Yeah?  How would I activate it for use with AT&T?
Message 4 of 15 (14,315 Views)

Yes, get it unlocked like the other poster mentioned. I don't remember when the G1 came out, but Google said they would start selling it unlocked after 3 months.

Once you buy it, you should be able to use it on AT&T's network with no problem. I'm not sure which data plan would go with it, though, you should ask.
Message 5 of 15 (14,292 Views)
Highlighted
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author jedihawk
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

jedihawk wrote:
Yeah?  How would I activate it for use with AT&T?

toss in your sim card and youre good to go.
Message 6 of 15 (14,280 Views)
Contributor

Interesting!

If I get an unlocked G1 (from Ebay or Amazon Marketplace or wherever), and I put my current SIM card in it, will it work on the AT&T network without any trouble?  I already have an unlimited data plan, so I'm not concerned about data/internet usage or anything like that.  I'm concerned that it will work on the AT&T network without any trouble.

Anyone know for sure?

Message 7 of 15 (14,266 Views)
Professor

how many responses from how many people will it take?

as long as the phone is compatible w/ at&t's network (850/900/2100 gsm/wcdma) and is carrier unlocked, itll work. 

Message 8 of 15 (14,100 Views)
Master

jii wrote:

how many responses from how many people will it take?

as long as the phone is compatible w/ at&t's network (850/900/2100 gsm/wcdma) and is carrier unlocked, itll work. 

At&t's network uses 850/1900 mhz for both GSM and UMTS.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 9 of 15 (14,053 Views)
Professor

here in the states, yes.
Message 10 of 15 (14,024 Views)
ACE - Expert

jii wrote:
here in the states, yes.

hme83 was just pointing out that a phone's compatibility with UMTS 2100MHz is immaterial, that's all Smiley Wink
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 15 (4,278 Views)
Professor

im so used to bouncing between here and japan (where 2100mhz really comes in handy) that i completely forgot how "immaterial" it can be to the guy thats not stuck in a plane for hours at a time. 'sides, "quad-band" sounds so much cooler than "tri-band" when choosing a device.
Message 12 of 15 (4,246 Views)
Master

The G1 was the original Android phone, released over a year ago.  The Google Nexus One is the latest (and seemingly greatest) in the line of Android phones offered by T-Mobile.  I'm not sure why you would want old technology.

jedihawk wrote:

Message 13 of 15 (2,789 Views)
Master

BrianfromNO wrote:

The G1 was the original Android phone, released over a year ago.  The Google Nexus One is the latest (and seemingly greatest) in the line of Android phones offered by T-Mobile.  I'm not sure why you would want old technology.

Someone wasn't thinking and dug up an old dead thread to post in it and thats why your confused.

jedihawk asked that question almost a year ago, long before the current Andriod releases.

Message 14 of 15 (2,778 Views)
Former Moderator

Thank you for your comments and opinions related to this topic. Due to the date of the original thread, this thread is now being closed. Should the OP need additional assistance please feel free to open up a new thread. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 15 of 15 (2,692 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.