Troubleshoot your device issues
Tilt-A-Rama's profile

Scholar

• 

259 Messages

Sunday, January 30th, 2011 2:37 AM

Closed

Whats ATTs cost per phone/unit ea.@?

I betcha the Inspire doesnt cost ATT more than $2-250. per unit. If it costs them $400.,theyre sellinit for $600 

Whatev. Itsa biz.

(Mod Note: Inappropriate comment edited.)

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

even if the phone were to cost $400 you also have to factor in advertising, labor, etc.

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

13 years ago

@Tilt-A-Rama wrote:
I betcha the Inspire doesnt cost ATT more than $2-250. per unit. If it costs them $400.,theyre sellinit for $600 ferkrIstsakes! Whatev. Itsa biz.

often than not when I look at the unbranded versions of the same device from the manufacturer for sale they usually cost MORE than the unsubsidized price for the carrier version.

Scholar

• 

259 Messages

13 years ago

Thats because the carrier will always be cheaper. The price needs to be appealing to the people the will pay full price.Theyll probably be activeating the phone with them despite the full price. The manufactuerer wont get paid for 2 years,month after month.

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

13 years ago

Just the fact that manufacturers charge more for unbranded versions shows that carriers don't always dictate the pricing of the devices.  Also some of those bloatware apps may reduce the price of the devices to carriers which offsets some of the money they pay.  Without actually knowing the agreements between manufacturers, and/or carriers we will never know.

Scholar

• 

259 Messages

13 years ago

Who dictates the price is not my question. Just wondering if anyone knows or might wanna guess how much HTC charges ATT for each Inspire?

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

13 years ago

@Tilt-A-Rama wrote:
Who dictates the price is not my question. Just wondering if anyone knows or might wanna guess how much HTC charges ATT for each Inspire?

No one will know without knowing the deal they have with each other.  🙂  So asking in this forum is kinda moot as no one who would know would ever visit a customer to customer board.  Mods won't know as they are probably not high enough on the food chain to know.

Scholar

• 

259 Messages

13 years ago

Thisis true. But never say never. U never know whos listening/reading.

Scholar

• 

259 Messages

13 years ago

Oops! Mybad. The Atrix is goin for $600. The Inspire is goin for $500. w/ no contract. Thatll probably change.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

Att pays more then a dollar and less then a thousand for a no contract full price phone. doesnt; really matter what they pay for each unit, they are not a charity and pricing is set to make a profit on the purchase of a no contract phone. Contract phones are discounted greately becasue the profit margin comes from the required service contract being fullfilled or the etf + the used portion of the required service contract.

Scholar

• 

259 Messages

13 years ago

We all know;
Its not a charity.
Profit comes from monthly payments.
They pay more than $1,& less than $1000.
That ETF makesup for whatev...
Would anyone care to make an educated guess as to what these phones cost them? Just curious...
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.