Troubleshoot your device issues
Shpati's profile

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

Tuesday, October 15th, 2013 11:13 PM

What is the Best Non-Smart Phone for me?

I am looking for a non-smartphone. I'm getting sick of being attached to it and paying $35.00 a month for it. 

So I am just looking for a good regular phone.

I just want one with text messaging and one I can talk with. I would like a full keyboard (qwerty or touch screen).

Also, if possible, with just using the unlimited text messaging feature, I would like to be able to do group text messaging.

I don't care about anything else. 

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

10 years ago

There's really not much of a selection, to tell you the truth.. 😞

If you're intersted in a GoPhone, there seems to be only one Quick Messaging phone to pick from..

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/prepaidphones.html

Postpaid Quick Messaging Phones aren't too much better..

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/quickmessagingphones.html

Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion for you. 

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

Two great options are the Pantech Renue and the LG Xpression. These don't require data because they aren't smartphones, but they still kinda look cool. Here you can see them compared in this link. Click Here You may have to scroll down the page I'm not sure if it's my computer of not, but I had to scroll down half the page before I saw what I was comparing. 

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

Jolene_Kyle, what do you think of the Samsung Flight II?

Also, which LG Xpression model are you referring too?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

I think the Flight II is alright. I had a Samsung Mythic that I loved until the touchscreen randomly stopped working for some reason. It even had flash for the camera -- something my $600 smartphone didn't even have at the time!

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

After doing some more research, I think I am going to leave the Flgith 2 to be. The LG Xpression does not have a cool black design, but it has threaded text messaging, which is kind of important to me.

Wild Banchi, how was the texting on a Samsung Mythic? Was it threaded or the old school inbox type?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

The text messaging on the Mythic was the "old school" inbox/outbox type. I'm trying to remember if if had a threaded option... I don't remember for sure. I don't think it did.

Scholar

• 

154 Messages

10 years ago

I have an LG Xpression, a quick messaging phone that AT&T currently offers.  There is also the Pantech Renue.  I really like the LG Xpression.  The phone is pretty durable.  It has fallen a number of times and it has worked fine.  Text messaging on the LG Xpression is pretty good.  It has a physical sliding QWERTY keyboard and it is easy to type on.  I used to have a Samsung Solstice 2, an AT&T quick messaging phone, and I did not like the touch screen keyboard on it because it was too slow to respond.  The LG Xpression has a good enough processer to keep up with someone who texts a lot.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Do not get a Pantech Renu!!!!  I have had two of them - the second one replacing the first for the same problem it is doing again!!  I returned it the first time because the alarm reminder on the calendar went off 6 or 7 hours later than scheduled instead of the scheduled time.  The other problem is that very time the phone changes time for daylight savings time, either way, it changes every start and end time of every appointment on my calendar an hour whichever way the time changed!!  I even changed setting to  not automatically change (i changed the time myself) and it still changed the appointment times!  Extremelly frustrating!!!  Only 3 things decent on this phone - nice size screen, touch screen, and qwerty keyboard.  Everything else stinks!!  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

LG Xpression is very good!  My daughter has one and I would love to get one for myself.  Very nice features and lots of them.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Getting harder to find these options...I have a Samsung Propel a767 and not bad.  Has a full qwerty keyboard, have to hit like 4 key strokes to message and I don't group message but pretty sure it has that capability.  Camera is not the greatest but ok

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.