Troubleshoot your device issues
BrokenWench's profile

Scholar

• 

489 Messages

Friday, January 8th, 2010 9:27 PM

What is "*Now" in my Address Book?

hi Y'all,

I've been curious about something... When I go to Menu then to  Address Book there is a listing labled  "*Now"  with a number of  "*669" just below the entry.   Anyone have a clue what it is?  I know I didn't place it there   😕

My phone is a Samsung Propel.

Thankx in advance,

B.W.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

14 years ago

That short code will return the upgrade availability for that line of service.

Scholar

• 

489 Messages

14 years ago

@wilcre wrote:

Thank you,  Wilcre.  I've noticed  the  *Now  on the 3 phones I have but,  never knew what they were for.

hoping a warm, happy weekend for you, 

B.W.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

14 years ago

@wilcre wrote:

I'm sorry, but what do you mean "return" the upgrade availability?  I'm not sure what you mean by "return".

Thanks so much. I had no idea what that meant either.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

14 years ago

@oldladyfan wrote:

@wilcre wrote:

I'm sorry, but what do you mean "return" the upgrade availability?  I'm not sure what you mean by "return".

When you use *NOW, you query the system what the upgrade date is for that line, the system then "Returns" the eligibility date to you.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

14 years ago

@wilcre wrote:

@oldladyfan wrote:

@wilcre wrote:

When you use *NOW, you query the system what the upgrade date is for that line, the system then "Returns" the eligibility date to you.

Oh, so it does't do anything to your phone; just gives you the information? I'm sorry if I seem so dumb about this.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

14 years ago

@oldladyfan wrote:

@wilcre wrote:

@oldladyfan wrote:

@wilcre wrote:

Oh, so it does't do anything to your phone; just gives you the information? I'm sorry if I seem so dumb about this.

Correct and no need to worry about it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.