What is "*Now" in my Address Book?

Scholar

What is "*Now" in my Address Book?

hi Y'all,

I've been curious about something... When I go to Menu then to  Address Book there is a listing labled  "*Now"  with a number of  "*669" just below the entry.   Anyone have a clue what it is?  I know I didn't place it there   :-\

My phone is a Samsung Propel.

Thankx in advance,

B.W.

Message 1 of 7 (4,054 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author BrokenWench
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: What is "*Now" in my Address Book?

That short code will return the upgrade availability for that line of service.
Message 2 of 7 (4,042 Views)
Scholar

wilcre wrote:

Thank you,  Wilcre.  I've noticed  the  *Now  on the 3 phones I have but,  never knew what they were for.

hoping a warm, happy weekend for you, 

B.W.

Message 3 of 7 (3,984 Views)

wilcre wrote:

I'm sorry, but what do you mean "return" the upgrade availability?  I'm not sure what you mean by "return".

Thanks so much. I had no idea what that meant either.

Message 4 of 7 (3,703 Views)
Expert

oldladyfan wrote:

wilcre wrote:

I'm sorry, but what do you mean "return" the upgrade availability?  I'm not sure what you mean by "return".

When you use *NOW, you query the system what the upgrade date is for that line, the system then "Returns" the eligibility date to you.

Message 5 of 7 (3,698 Views)

wilcre wrote:

oldladyfan wrote:

wilcre wrote:

When you use *NOW, you query the system what the upgrade date is for that line, the system then "Returns" the eligibility date to you.

Oh, so it does't do anything to your phone; just gives you the information? I'm sorry if I seem so dumb about this.
Message 6 of 7 (3,695 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

oldladyfan wrote:

wilcre wrote:

oldladyfan wrote:

wilcre wrote:

Oh, so it does't do anything to your phone; just gives you the information? I'm sorry if I seem so dumb about this.

Correct and no need to worry about it.

Message 7 of 7 (3,645 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.