Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 13, 2014
5:51:42 PM
View profile
What are the 8 digit numbers on the At&t Bill ?

I have alot of 8 digit numbers on my bill. Can any one tell me what they are ?.  We used Face Book Alot. Could it be linked to that in any way ?

Thanks

I have alot of 8 digit numbers on my bill. Can any one tell me what they are ?.  We used Face Book Alot. Could it be linked to that in any way ?

Thanks

What are the 8 digit numbers on the At&t Bill ?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 7:35:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

bwinkler1942 wrote:

Thanks

Where do you see those numbers?  Are they on the list of sent/received text messages? Are they on the dialed calls list? Are they somewhere else? If they are on the text message list, then they are probable Short message codes, used for shortcuts for sending/receiving text messages.  These are generally 6 digits, but can be less (and I believe as short as 3 digits in special circumstances).

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

bwinkler1942 wrote:

Thanks

Where do you see those numbers?  Are they on the list of sent/received text messages? Are they on the dialed calls list? Are they somewhere else? If they are on the text message list, then they are probable Short message codes, used for shortcuts for sending/receiving text messages.  These are generally 6 digits, but can be less (and I believe as short as 3 digits in special circumstances).

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What are the 8 digit numbers on the At&t Bill ?

2 of 4 (1,035 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 7:44:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

I don't know what the 8 digit number is, but I don't see if relating to Facebook in any manner.

I don't know what the 8 digit number is, but I don't see if relating to Facebook in any manner.

3 of 4 (1,029 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 8:04:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by GeekBoy on Aug 13, 2014 at 8:05:56 PM

knowthyself06 wrote:

If FaceBook sends its users SMS messages for any reason, it is possible that it uses a custom 8 digit short message code.  More than liklely it is some other service that is doing it, like an on-line banking, or Google Authentication, or something similar.  If the numbers are all different, then it is most likely not one of the big name services like Twitter, FaceBook, LinkedIn, etc.  Those services tend to get a static number so that you always know that the messages is from them.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

knowthyself06 wrote:

If FaceBook sends its users SMS messages for any reason, it is possible that it uses a custom 8 digit short message code.  More than liklely it is some other service that is doing it, like an on-line banking, or Google Authentication, or something similar.  If the numbers are all different, then it is most likely not one of the big name services like Twitter, FaceBook, LinkedIn, etc.  Those services tend to get a static number so that you always know that the messages is from them.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (1,025 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments