Troubleshoot your device issues
crkcallie's profile

Scholar

• 

192 Messages

Monday, October 15th, 2012 1:36 AM

What AT&T smart phones have the ability to shut off cellular data?

Hello everyone.  Does anyone know what smart phones on AT&T's network have the ability to shut off cellular data?  I know the Apple iPhone has this ability.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@crkcallie wrote:

Hello everyone.  Does anyone know what smart phones on AT&T's network have the ability to shut off cellular data?  I know the Apple iPhone has this ability.

they all do - called airplane mode

Airplane mode shuts off the radio, not just the data. You can enable Wi-Fi in airplane mode, but not cellular communications.

@the OP: For Android there are quite a few apps available that allow to turn it off. Some Android phones also have that ability in the settings.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@crkcallie wrote:

they all do - called airplane mode

Scholar

• 

192 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you for the information.  I would want to shut off cellular data and just use wi-fi for the internet on a smart phone.  I know you said that they all have the ability, but do BlackBerry phones have that feature?  I used to have a BlackBerry Curve 8310 and I don't recall it allowing me to do that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.