Troubleshoot your device issues
kymbesha's profile

Mentor

• 

67 Messages

Monday, November 24th, 2008 11:56 PM

Closed

Weatherbug Direct not working! Another weather app for Fuze? With radar?

I know there were some lists of weather apps for the Tilt awhile back.  I was a Weatherbug Direct user on my Tilt, and very happy with it, but for some reason, it doesn't seem to want to work on the Fuze.  It installs fine, but just won't load, and is not listed in Programs.  I can do a search and find the Direct folder, and set up my Prefs, but I just can't find a executable file for it. 

Does anyone have a solution for this?  If not, does anyone have another good weather app, preferably with some radar function?

Message Edited by kymbesha on 11-24-2008 03:58:04 PM

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

3K Messages

15 years ago

@gmfeld wrote:

@Lkc2854 wrote:
I use Memory Map's Weather Radar in conjunction with the Weather tab (forecast) on my Fuze.  It's strictly a weather radar app though, so I'm not sure it's what you're looking for.  You might take a look at it to see. . . very nice for a radar app.

How do you use it "in conjunction with the Weather tab?" Do you mean that you simply run the program from your program list when you want to check radar? Or, have you figured out some way to tie this program into the TF3d Weather tab?

Sorry about the confusion.  Yes -- I run it from the Programs tab on the Fuze.  If there's inclement weather in the forecast, I like to be able to launch the Weather Radar to be able to see how fast the weather will reach us and how intense of a system it is.

Scholar

• 

295 Messages

15 years ago

@kymbesha wrote:
I know there were some lists of weather apps for the Tilt awhile back.  I was a Weatherbug Direct user on my Tilt, and very happy with it, but for some reason, it doesn't seem to want to work on the Fuze.  It installs fine, but just won't load, and is not listed in Programs.  I can do a search and find the Direct folder, and set up my Prefs, but I just can't find a executable file for it. 

Does anyone have a solution for this?  If not, does anyone have another good weather app, preferably with some radar function?

Message Edited by kymbesha on 11-24-2008 03:58:04 PM

I loved WeatherPanel on my Tilt. Haven't tried it yet on my Fuze, but I'm missing it since the TF3D weather tab is really lame. You can get it here: http://pixel.dnsalias.net/weatherpanel/index.php

Master

• 

3K Messages

15 years ago

I use Memory Map's Weather Radar in conjunction with the Weather tab (forecast) on my Fuze.  It's strictly a weather radar app though, so I'm not sure it's what you're looking for.  You might take a look at it to see. . . very nice for a radar app.

Scholar

• 

295 Messages

15 years ago

@Lkc2854 wrote:

How do you use it "in conjunction with the Weather tab?" Do you mean that you simply run the program from your program list when you want to check radar? Or, have you figured out some way to tie this program into the TF3d Weather tab?

Mentor

• 

67 Messages

15 years ago

I think that is exactly what I am looking for.....I will do the trial, and see if I like it.  For 9.99, I don't think I can go wrong.

I don't mind the weather on the Home screen.....it just leaves out the radar.  I, too, like to track a system as it passes through.

Scholar

• 

258 Messages

15 years ago

Another vote for Memory Map Weather Radar--it's a great program.

Scholar

• 

295 Messages

15 years ago

@videomaker wrote:
Another vote for Memory Map Weather Radar--it's a great program.

I've been having trouble using Memory Map Weather Radar on my Fuze. It often locks up when downloading radar images, and I have to soft reset multiple times a day when I try to use it. Especially if I go to check a nearby radar station after loading the initial base map and radar image. Is anyone else having difficulty with this program on the Fuze?

Mentor

• 

67 Messages

15 years ago

I'm getting that too, gmfeld....I thought it was just the way the program worked. 

Scholar

• 

258 Messages

15 years ago

No issues here running Memory Map radar on the Fuze, AT&T stock ROM.  The maps look great in VGA.

If it hangs on downloading the radar updates, you might try downloading a single image without the animation and try to troubleshoot where it happens.  If it downloads the base map okay, it's probably not a proxy problem.

The MM software version I'm using is 5.2.0, Build 756.

Scholar

• 

295 Messages

15 years ago

I am also running the AT&T ROM, hard reset without the bloat.  Right now I can't even get into the settings to turn off the animation because it freezes as soon as it goes to look for a new radar image.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.