Troubleshoot your device issues
peterolah's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, September 29th, 2008 1:18 PM

Closed

Want to set number of rings before going to voice mail

Is there a way to set the Breeze C520 to more than a few rings, before it goes to voice mail?  My mother's old phone let her do that, but we cannot find the setting in the Breeze.

Thanks!

Peter

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

2.4K Messages

16 years ago

By George, I think you've got it Smiley Happy

Expert

• 

13K Messages

16 years ago

@peterolah wrote:
     Is there a way to set the Breeze C520 to more than a few rings, before it goes to voice mail?  My mother's old phone let her do that, but we cannot find the setting in the Breeze.
     Thanks!
Peter

Customer care can alter the ringtime for you, maximum ringtime is 30 seconds which is aprox 6 rings before voicemail picks up.

Expert

• 

2.4K Messages

16 years ago

You can also do it yourself:

The following codes should allow you to control the delay from 5 to 30 seconds on any GSM phone:

* Status: *#61#[SEND] The status will report the delay (5, 10, 15.., up to 30) & the number where your calls are diverted if there is no answer.
* Activate: **61*[number]**[delay]#[SEND] Use the number that was reported by the status & the delay can be set to (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30) seconds.
* Cancel: ##61#[SEND]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

Thanks wilcre and hidden dragon!  I'm a cell phone bonehead, so how do I input the codes?  Does the first * key bring up the Status and Activate options?

Thanks!

Peter

Expert

• 

2.4K Messages

16 years ago

Simply press the keys as indicated...and in the steps provided.  Jot down the voicemail number it will return.  Then, indicate the delay time.

Message Edited by hidden_dragon on 09-29-2008 10:12:11 AM

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

I think I've got it... the actual commands are:

*#61#[SEND]

**61*[number]**[delay]#[SEND]

##61#[SEND]

I was confused by the descriptive * Status, etc in front.  Heck, with cell phones, I'm very easily confused!

I'll be back at Mom's house on Wednesday, so I'll try it then.

Thanks again for your help!

Peter

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

I tried it this morning, and it worked perfectly!  It wouldn't accept 30 seconds, but it took 20 seconds.  It was originally set to 5 seconds - no wonder Mom couldn't answer it in time.

Thanks for all the help!

Peter

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Thank you so much!! Why isn't this available through the menu? I'm getting frustrated with how little you can do through the menus.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.