Troubleshoot your device issues
qnehring's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 6:10 PM

Very poor service

I have moved to a rural area in AL from Houston, TX.  My service is very poor in my home. There are 4 ofus who have a cell phone with AT&T and we all suffer the same problem. Poor signal, dropped calls, phone doesn't ring, etc.  We each have different types of phone. I have been looking into a microcell tower, but have been told it may not help our signal any.  I hate to go to a competitor, where I will get better signal. I have had my service with ATT for many years. I have been told a tower is going to be added in July 2014 in my zip code of 35619....is there any truth to this? How long will it take before the tower is active? Would a microcell tower be beneficial? 

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, qnehring!

Thanks for posting. While we don't have any information about the tower in your area, you may want to consider a MicroCell. I have one to boost cell service in my house, and it's been the perfect solution to our coverage issues. To learn more about the MicroCell and how to get one, click on the link below.

AT&T's MicroCell

As for the coverage issues, you also may want to download AT&T's Mark the Spot app so you can report the exact location where you're experiencing these problems. To learn more about the app and how to download it, click on the link below.

AT&T's Mark the Spot

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Scholar

• 

149 Messages

10 years ago

Great replies
I found gsm tower radar on my google play
it works great
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.