Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

Scholar

Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

Is there any word when Version 10.2 might be available from AT&T for our Q10s?

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

Message 1 of 206
Scholar

Re: Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

And, now Sprint... SPRINT... you hear that AT&T? Even Sprint has 10.2.1 pushed to their customers.

Let's see:

Verizon? Check.
T-Mobile? Check.
Sprint? Check.

AT&T is now officially dead LAST.

Way to be on the ball.
Message 166 of 206
Teacher

Not to mention every other major carrier in the World. LOL. 

Message 167 of 206
Teacher

@petercreasey wrote:

Here is a list and changelog of 10.2.1 in general...

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/01/blackberry-update-10-2-1/

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2014/02/10-things-you-should-know-about-blackberry-10-os-version-10-2...

Besides the added efficiency/reliability, the most important new feature in my mind is the capability of deleting emails off of the Q10 while leaving them on the server.

. . . . Pete

Youre forgetting the ability to add and run Android apps

Message 168 of 206
Scholar

baruman wrote:   Youre forgetting the ability to add and run Android apps

b,   Nope, I'm not.

Tell me, though, which Android apps should I develop an interest in running on our Q10s?

. . . .  Pete

Message 169 of 206
Teacher

Have no idea what you might want to run. I have several APKs I will download to my Z10

Message 170 of 206
Teacher

Downloading  OS 10.2.1.2229 as we speak via Sachesi

Message 171 of 206

@petercreasey wrote:

@Chiefhenry27 wrote:
Hi Pete, Any pointers or links you can direct everyone to who wants to try this solution as well? Thanks for being someone who actually takes action.

C,  Here you go --> Upgrading BB10 OS Using Sachesi for an OTA-like Update

Report back as to how it goes.

. . . . . .  Pete

Pete,

Followed the links and am now rocking 10.2.1!  Thanks so much for the info and thanks for nothing AT&T.  It's sad this is what people have to resort to in order to keep their devices updated to the manufacturers' specifications.

Message 172 of 206
Teacher

Pete,
I know you've been a real trooper throughout this entire blog. But I have a company phone, so I am reluctant to change the OS on my own. Therefore, I gave up the cause and asked them for a Verizon phone. I held on as long as I could. But enough is enough. Sorry AT&T! Your coverage was great... But there were some really important updates that 10.2 provided which made my life much simpler. My AT&T Z10 constantly turned off my Toyota radio whenever I got into the car. After a while it got to be crazy. Anyways, good luck guys! I hope you get the update before the phone becomes entirely obsolete!
Message 173 of 206
Scholar

For the record and for whatever one (1) person's rating is worth, our Q10s, while wonderful all along, are somehow much improved with the OS 10.2.1.2102.

. . . . . Pete
Message 174 of 206
Scholar

Just to provide a bit of info, these are the kinds of Android apps I use.

Amazon
Ebay (the one in BlackBerry World is an older android port)
Newegg
Google Maps/Navigation 6.14 (because it's the only one that goes into navigation view without having to put in a destination address first).
Google Earth
Colbert Report
NPR News
WRKF App (local station)
LSU Sports
IMDb
Amazon App Store
Treasures of Montezuma 3
Watch ESPN
Deltek Vision Time (time sheet input app for my office)

None of which - except for the one noted - are available to me otherwise. I'd love for there to be native versions of all the above, but I just don't think it will happen for most of them. Still, I have a good selection of BlackBerry apps like USA Today, Dvice, Daily Show, Discovery Channel, ABC app, CBS App, E! Online, CBS Sports, NFL Mobile, CrackBerry App, RSS Savvy, BeBuzz, Angry Birds Star Wars, Sparkle, Nobex Radio, bPod podcast player, Crackle, among others. So I get plenty of both.
Message 175 of 206
Tutor

It is pretty sad that AT&T's customers are having to change carriers or install leaked versions of BB 10.2. 

Message 176 of 206
Contributor

STILL NO BLACKBERRY 10.2.1 Update?

ts official all the major carriers have now released blackberry 10.2.1 for their blackberry customers even (sprint). The BB10 OS has been out over a year now can we get some love AT&T?

Message 177 of 206
Contributor

I'm so tired of waiting for AT&T to release BB 10.2.x on my Q10 that I'm trying to get my company to provide corporate support for T-Mobile instead and switch all our phones from AT&T.

This is frankly a ridiculous situation with AT&T's lack of BB support.

BT

Message 178 of 206
Teacher

I'm still running 10.2.1.1925 (via the leak) and now I'm behind again. AT&T has excellent service, hands down but when it comes to pushing out updates for the BlackBerry community, they outright suck! I really want to know what's the real reason for this hold up. If anyone at AT&T can give us a straight answer, I would really appreciate it. I've already downloaded the current version that's out. I'm just trying to give AT&T a chance to keep my business. I started in the late 90s with Cellular One, stayed through Cingular and I'm still here with AT&T. Someone let me know where the petition is to get this company to show us some gratitude.
Message 179 of 206

I brought my Q10 two months ago.  At first there were no problems, now the phone is not working properly and was told  the software upgrade would correct the problems.  ATT  told me they can exchanged my new phone for  a certified (used ) phone.  I am waiting to see if the upgrade would fixed my new phone so that I don.t have to exchange it for a used phone.

Message 180 of 206
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support