Troubleshoot your device issues
petercreasey's profile

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 10:04 PM

Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

Is there any word when Version 10.2 might be available from AT&T for our Q10s?

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Downloading  OS 10.2.1.2229 as we speak via Sachesi

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

@petercreasey wrote:

@Chiefhenry27 wrote:
Hi Pete, Any pointers or links you can direct everyone to who wants to try this solution as well? Thanks for being someone who actually takes action.

C,  Here you go --> Upgrading BB10 OS Using Sachesi for an OTA-like Update

Report back as to how it goes.

. . . . . .  Pete

Pete,

Followed the links and am now rocking 10.2.1!  Thanks so much for the info and thanks for nothing AT&T.  It's sad this is what people have to resort to in order to keep their devices updated to the manufacturers' specifications.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Pete,
I know you've been a real trooper throughout this entire blog. But I have a company phone, so I am reluctant to change the OS on my own. Therefore, I gave up the cause and asked them for a Verizon phone. I held on as long as I could. But enough is enough. Sorry AT&T! Your coverage was great... But there were some really important updates that 10.2 provided which made my life much simpler. My AT&T Z10 constantly turned off my Toyota radio whenever I got into the car. After a while it got to be crazy. Anyways, good luck guys! I hope you get the update before the phone becomes entirely obsolete!

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

For the record and for whatever one (1) person's rating is worth, our Q10s, while wonderful all along, are somehow much improved with the OS 10.2.1.2102.

. . . . . Pete

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

10 years ago

Just to provide a bit of info, these are the kinds of Android apps I use.

Amazon
Ebay (the one in BlackBerry World is an older android port)
Newegg
Google Maps/Navigation 6.14 (because it's the only one that goes into navigation view without having to put in a destination address first).
Google Earth
Colbert Report
NPR News
WRKF App (local station)
LSU Sports
IMDb
Amazon App Store
Treasures of Montezuma 3
Watch ESPN
Deltek Vision Time (time sheet input app for my office)

None of which - except for the one noted - are available to me otherwise. I'd love for there to be native versions of all the above, but I just don't think it will happen for most of them. Still, I have a good selection of BlackBerry apps like USA Today, Dvice, Daily Show, Discovery Channel, ABC app, CBS App, E! Online, CBS Sports, NFL Mobile, CrackBerry App, RSS Savvy, BeBuzz, Angry Birds Star Wars, Sparkle, Nobex Radio, bPod podcast player, Crackle, among others. So I get plenty of both.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

It is pretty sad that AT&T's customers are having to change carriers or install leaked versions of BB 10.2. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

ts official all the major carriers have now released blackberry 10.2.1 for their blackberry customers even (sprint). The BB10 OS has been out over a year now can we get some love AT&T?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm so tired of waiting for AT&T to release BB 10.2.x on my Q10 that I'm trying to get my company to provide corporate support for T-Mobile instead and switch all our phones from AT&T.

This is frankly a ridiculous situation with AT&T's lack of BB support.

BT

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I'm still running 10.2.1.1925 (via the leak) and now I'm behind again. AT&T has excellent service, hands down but when it comes to pushing out updates for the BlackBerry community, they outright suck! I really want to know what's the real reason for this hold up. If anyone at AT&T can give us a straight answer, I would really appreciate it. I've already downloaded the current version that's out. I'm just trying to give AT&T a chance to keep my business. I started in the late 90s with Cellular One, stayed through Cingular and I'm still here with AT&T. Someone let me know where the petition is to get this company to show us some gratitude.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I brought my Q10 two months ago.  At first there were no problems, now the phone is not working properly and was told  the software upgrade would correct the problems.  ATT  told me they can exchanged my new phone for  a certified (used ) phone.  I am waiting to see if the upgrade would fixed my new phone so that I don.t have to exchange it for a used phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.