For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
astroboi's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 17th, 2015 4:51 AM

Velocity ZTE MF923 Data usage counter not showing

Hi,

The data usage counter interface in my velocity hotspot doesn't show as it should. I can't see the data alert settings, and next billing date. All I can see are "My device" and "Disclaimer"... Ic an't even manually set the data plan.

Is there anything wrong with my device?

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am having same problems unit will not work correctly no matter how many times or reset method I use. Billing cycle has passed it did not reset and start working.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Mine used to work... When it was new. But since the end of 2016, it will not reset. I too have tried resetting it with no luck.

AT&T are you listening??? 

Sure dosent sound like it. I guess this si grounds for returnign the unit anc canceling my contract without penilty?

James

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Mine too!! Same issues. Started the end of 2016. Says my data is maxed out. 

AT&T are you listening???

I guess no response from Customer-No-Service is contractual grounds for canceling my contract without penalty and returning the device and moving to another carrier? Or completey disputing my bill!

Sounds like it to me!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I talked to ATT tech support this morning, since my Velocity Hotspot has the same problem.  They said that virtually all hotspot customers are seeing this problem.  They are investigating with the device manufacturer, and don't know at this time if the problem is hardware or software related.  If it is a hardware problem (unlikely), then they will notify their customers by mail when a warranty exchange will occur.  If it is a software problem (most probable), then they will automatically send an update to the device, when available.  In either case, additional calls to their tech support staff will be futile, because nothing has yet been fixed.  I hope that ATT has elevated this issue to an appropriate level, since all of their hotspot customers are affected.  In the meantime, just log onto your ATT account to see current data usage details, since those summaries appear to still be accurate.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

The same exact thing happened in Dec 2015. Then, too, nobody knew what was wrong or when it would be fixed. After about six weeks, it was corrected with a software update. It seems they didn't learn from their mistake last time, and they're going to lose this customer because of it. I'll forgive once, but not twice.

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Software update released, but it's still not working. Device data usage resets everytime the device is restarted. C'mon guys.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Just tried to download it. Device says there are no software updates available.

What gives?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

HERE WE GO AGAIN . . .

Had this same problem when my Velocity wouldn't reset the data at the end of my cycle.  Called support(?) and they suggested I reset the device.  Once I did that it started the data all over again at 0, but only showed the date for my Velocity and not the other two cell phones on the same plan.  At the end of the next billing cycle it started working properly again, but today when I checked it showed 5.07 out of 10gigs used at 3:50pm but at 09:00pm it showed .15 out of 10gigs with all that used by "My Device" and 0.00 used by "Other Devices".  (Basically the same problem that happened before.)  I powered the device Off/On and it came up with .04 out of 10gigs used, and now a few minutes later its up to .05.  This thing used to work with NO PROBLEMS what-so-ever but lately it seems this is a reoccurring problem.

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Same issue on my end. I guess customer service doesn't matter when you pretty much own everything.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have been having 4.25 GB used and after paying it continues to say 4.25 I have tried to see if it'll go up and it did I stopped at 5 GB but this is extremely frustrating and could use some help resolving it.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.