For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
alanudi's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, June 17th, 2014 5:22 PM

Using Nexus 4 on AT&T

Hi, I've tried to research this as much as possible, but I haven't found a thread out there that addresses this key tidbit...

All AT&T reps have told me that if I switch to AT&T that my Nexus 4 will only be capable of 2G speeds. Can anyone help me confirm this? I'm on T-Mobile and I need better service!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

@alanudi wrote:

@hydrogen3 wrote:

@alanudi,

The AT&T reps, are correct. You may have to purchase a new phone if switching carriers.

OK, so I've officially plugged in the AT&T sim card, reboot the phone, and I now have "H" next to my signal, which some people call 3.5G or 4G depending on which day of the week it is.

Definitely NOT limited to 2G.  I hope AT&T can update their internal information. This was way too hard to figure out such a simple thing 😛

Can you please let me know what your speeds are for that? I am possibly switching from a contract plan to the mobile share plan, and need a new phone, but I'm not about to pay $500+ for a phone, so I'm considering the Nexus 4, but I'm getting all sorts of mixed information as to how well it works on AT&T. Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

get a nexus 5 and you will get lte and it works just fine I have one.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Nexus 4 can run on H, as shown in picture below. Sorry, rooted device, but I did not mess up the signal.image.png

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.