Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Use GPS without paying to att "data conection"

Highlighted
Contributor

Use GPS without paying to att "data conection"

Hello, Excuseme for my English Smiley Happy

I have a HTC Fuze with 700 min plan and unlimited text sms. I have called att technical support to disable "Data Conection" so I cannot have acces to internet if I am not connected to a wifi network, and I also I have disabled the AGPS settings in my HTC Fuze ... In conclusion:

1.Data Service conection from at&t = Disable (by phone)

2.AGPS in my HTC Fuze Phone = Disable (by my self, in Start>Settings>System>AGPS Settings>unchecking the box)

Now, the question is: I have Tomtom Navigator 7 GPS software installed in my HTC Fuze and works great but I dont know If using this software and having Data and AGPS service disable .. Do I have to pay something to att? because I think I am using the GPS without Data conection, or anything that have to conet to att ... uhmm

I dont know if you understand my question ... in sinple question ... Can I use the GPS in my HTC Fuze withot paying att?

Thanks Smiley Wink and sorry for my English.

Message 1 of 4
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jcml
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Use GPS without paying to att "data conection"

Yes you can use the GPS in the fuze without a data connection and without paying anything to AT&T.

You have everything set up correctly to avoid using data, and TomTom does not utilize data for providing maps.  The maps are a part of the TomTom software.

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thank you to answer me so fast Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Does this also work with BlackBerry devices?  Is there a similar app and how would I go about getting it?
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support