Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unlocking a new hotspot

Contributor

Unlocking a new hotspot

I purchased a new night hawk hotspot from Best Buy’s. . I love the device itself and wanted that device, however AT&T doesn’t offer an unlimited wireless internet plan. Verizon has a prepaid plan for $65/ mo unlimited.  I want to unlock this device, but when I try online I am denied the unlock request.  It is new and I paid full price so nothing is owed on it

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎05-08-2019 3:53 PM

Re: Unlocking a new hotspot

Since you purchased a hotspot that doesn’t  have band 13, it won’t work on Verizon. 

https://www.att.com/buy/connected-devices-and-more/netgear-nighthawk-lte-mobile-hotspot-router-512gb...

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support