For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
AirCardRebel's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, April 10th, 2016 6:03 PM

Unlocking AirCard 770s (never activated)

I'm currently a customer of AT&T (on a plan for smartphones). A couple years ago, they gave us two AirCards which I never activated, so the IMEI of the AirCard isn't recognized with any of our cell numbers (presumably, the cell number is tied to the account on AT&T).  On att.com/deviceunlock, I get the following error:

"We found no record of the IMEI Number you entered. Check your device's 15-digit IMEI Number by dialing *#06# (errorCode.ULP2003)."  This makes sense since the devcie has never been activated, so it shouldn't have a record, right? 

I don't know the phone numbers of the AirCards because I removed the pre-installed SIM cards a long time ago.  I've defintely lost them by now.  

I want to unlock the two AirCards (same model).  I have the IMEI and all that. 

How can I unlock them?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

From what I have heard, the hotspot is hard coded into the device and cannot be unlocked.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I most likely confirmed what kdfederer stated. 

Netgear states on their website that the AirCard 770s can be unlocked for any carrier as long as you have the MEP unlock code. I called Netgear to unlock the AirCard, but they said they can't unlock the AirCard without the MEP unlock code. So, I called AT&T, and they told me that they don't have the MEP unlock code (the guy on the phone didn't know what that was until he googled it). They said that the device is locked by Netgear. The AT&T representative said that Netgear should give you a replacement AirCard if your carrier is not AT&T.

I haven't called Netgear to confirm what the AT&T rep said because I've hit diminishing returns.

Good luck if you face this problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.