Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unlocking AT&T from AT&T

Highlighted
Contributor

Unlocking AT&T from AT&T

"Your IMEI number & device don't match"... no, actually they do match but the request is repeatedly denied. I would like my phone unlocked from the AT&T network please. It was a prepaid and i was told the phone could be unlocked from the network by going on-line after 2 months. 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Tjacobs
‎12-23-2017 11:14 AM

Re: Unlocking AT&T from AT&T

Prepaid phones cannot be unlocked after 2 months.  Prepaid phones must have active paid service for 6 months before ATT will unlock them.  

Postpaid customers can get full priced phones unlocked if paid off, past the return period, and the account is more than 60 days old.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Unlocking AT

so iow... the salesman lied to me. okay, thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support