For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Nimrod's profile

Guru

• 

913 Messages

Friday, December 12th, 2008 3:46 PM

Closed

Unlocked Fuze question

Since I paid full price ($528) for the Fuze, shouldnt it be carrier/SIM unlocked?  I did not buy the phone under any contract and I did pay the absolute full price that AT&T charges, so Im thinking that it should not have any restrictions on it.

Your thoughts?

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

15 years ago

@goergenm wrote:
... I power down, replace the sim, power up and I'm in business. It's tedious, but until they have a real dual sim phone, it's the best I can do...

Dig a little deeper for the dual-sim phone. I saw some guy bragging to his friend about his new phone and when he started it up it asked him to select a carrier. He touched the screen and it went into that carriers system. Then he did something that allowed him to switch to the other carrier. I couldn't believe my eyes. Then he powered down the phone and took the back off and it had two sim cards in the back. He said he saw it in Hong Kong and ordered it over the internet. Very nice phone although I couldn't see who the mfg was.  I was eavesdropping on his conversation in a crowd so I didn't ask him for the details. But, they are out there so keep looking.

Expert

• 

2.4K Messages

15 years ago

@tRodHxC wrote:

THIS IS WHAT I RECEIVED WHEN REQUESTING AN UNLOCK CODE:

Account: 9732XXXX R RODRIGUEZ 

IMEI                              MODEL

3531420XXXXXXXX          HTC

No roaming soc:

We recently received a request to provide you with a Subsidy Unlock Code for your handset. Unfortunately we are unable to provide you with the unlock code. Cingular does not unlock handsets for the purposes of international travel except for our International Roaming customers (customers who qualify for and have Cingular's International Roaming feature on their account). International roaming capability must be added to the account before this code can be given. Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-331-0500 for further assistance.

Please do not respond to this email, as you will not receive a response.

AT&T Wireless

Ok, so have them add Int'l roaming to your account...doesn't cost you anything!

Mentor

• 

15 Messages

15 years ago

Called 3 different CSRs today and no help at all.  I have to wait 8 days for them to call and run through it with me.  Hmmm.  I'll be traveling out of the country before then.  I thought I could do before hand. 

Mentor

• 

15 Messages

15 years ago

tried the web chat method and worked well in 5 mins what 3 calls didn't accomplish.  the CSR on the phone had to schedule a call 8 days out. 

try the Tech web chat.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.