For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Trutlelea's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, December 15th, 2015 8:33 PM

Unlock

I bought this phone at a flea market but when I request an unlock code they say I haven't completed my contract I have no clue who even had the contract is there anything I can do to get the phone unlocked?

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi, how did you get ahold of AT&T to unlock? Was this via PM to ATTCustomerCare. or a phone #?

Thanks for your help.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Pvaghasiya wrote:
I am going to move to Verizon as they are giving unlocked phone and for that you don't have to pay full amount. I have request at&t many time for temporary unlock as I am traveling India but they said I have to pay full amount. I have been with at&t since many year when they don't listen to customer request no point to stay with them. I don't understand two big competitor company(at&t and version), when version can give unlock device why not at&t. End of the day I am paying same amount. 😔😔😔😔

I'm pretty sure Verizon would lock the phones they sell if they were permitted to. The FCC won't let and that is the difference between Verizon and the other carriers.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

i have my phone and i send to my county and now that phone has to end Contract, now i want to Unlock that phone, and i have a email from AT&T ( We're unable to approve your request because the account information provided doesn't match our records) i don't know what i have to do right now, IMEI# i was checked the number, help please 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

If I unlock an AT&T phone (HTC M8) can I still use the original simm and service, in that phone?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@robowang wrote:

If I unlock an AT&T phone (HTC M8) can I still use the original simm and service, in that phone?

Yes.  Unlocking a phone does not affect service.  I pay full price and always unlock mine

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, nothing wrong with service, after I unlocked my phone and I still use the same service and the same Sim

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi, how many days I have to wait to get the unlock number of my phone? The request has been approved

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

THAT ISN'T TRUE. I HAVE A NO CONTRACT / PAY AS YOU GO AGREEMENT WITH ATT. I OWN MY OWN PHONE......MY   OWN PHONE

AND I'VE HAD THIS PAY AS YOU GO ......NO CONTRACT PLAN SINCE FEB 2017 BUT BECAUSE APPLE REPLACED MY PHONE...ATT ILLEGALLY LOCKED IT AND HAVE DENIED ME UNLOCKING IT SAYING I HAVEN'T HAD THE PLAN..........WHAT PLAN??? WHAT CONTRACT?????  FOR 6 MONTHS AND THEY WILL NOT UNLOCK MY PHONE..........

CAN ANYONE HELP  ME..........ATT IS THE BULLY OF THE PHONE WORLD 

HOW DARE YOU LOCK MY PERSONAL PHONE.........

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@THISCOISABULLY

Really, drama much?

just call ATT and explain the warranty replacement.   They may ask for proof 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Do you imagine that I didn’t call, go into the store, then call customer service then call apple because Att told me that they didn’t lock the phone so I went back to the store to the manager and told him that I was right , apple did not lock my phone, at did, and he said “nothing I can do”
And you think being lied to, being sent in a wild goose chase and spending a day of my life trying to get the phone I paid nearly $1000 for unlocked by a company who told me I had no contract But blocked me from going to Verizon is drama.
I think drama in this instance would have been appropriate
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.