Troubleshoot your device issues
Saeteurn's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, November 16th, 2017 2:42 AM

Unlock code

Hello AT&T,

I has just bought a brand new Huawei Ascend XT2 the gophone from a retail store. I came home and found out that my husband carrier is not AT&T. He like the phone and wants to keep it but it's not working with his carrier. I went online and tried to request for unlock code but it keeps stating that the imei is not from any AT&T device. The box and the phone has AT&T written all over it. Can AT&T unlock it so he can keep the phone? Thank you and I do appreciate it a lot. 

Really wants to keep the phone,

Saeteurn

Make: Huawei Ascend XT 2

Model: H1711

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Nobody enforces ATT  sell the phones for the "cheap" price. It is their choice! I would say this is marketing and advertising So they shouldn't tell customers what to do and what carrier to use.

Regarding "cheap" I would suggest you to check Aliexpress and eBay and what kind of phone you can get for $150. It will be Octa-core processor, 4GB ROM 64GB ROM, 2 sim card slots and many other useful features. Of course, you would be able to use regular cable and charger that you can buy at a dollar store.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@infoeureka wrote:

Today you can buy decent new phone for $49.99 (regular price $150-$250 ) on walmart.com than you spend 30 minutes and $0.99-$10 to unlock it (there are many online providers who can unlock any phone) Person whom ready to pay $1300 for the phone (especially iPhone buyers ) should apply for psychiatric help urgently! Spend so much money on the phone with no memory card slot, no ability to install or download your own content, no ability to replace the battery, requirements for a special charger and special cable and many other stupid things should urgently talk to the doctor about that.

@infoeureka

cheap prepaid phone are just that cheap junk...  720p screens or even worse 480p screens in 2017 are a joke.  Apple makes a good product and it works well...  SD cards on android are not all there cracked up to be if the OEM like ZTE blocks moving apps to the sd card which they do see maven 2 and 3....  A choice in phones comes down to what in the world your doing on it...  I am a Dev and do all kinds of stuff on phones and to phones.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@infoeureka wrote:

Nobody enforces ATT  sell the phones for the "cheap" price. It is their choice! I would say this is marketing and advertising So they shouldn't tell customers what to do and what carrier to use.

Regarding "cheap" I would suggest you to check Aliexpress and eBay and what kind of phone you can get for $150. It will be Octa-core processor, 4GB ROM 64GB ROM, 2 sim card slots and many other useful features. Of course, you would be able to use regular cable and charger that you can buy at a dollar store.

half the phones on Aliexpress wont work on a US carrier by the way ATT has no 2g network.....  Some will be only 3g phones...  Most will never get LTE...  Depends on the phone and where it was made for....  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry man, but you are very outdated. Most of today phones are 4G or LTE phones include these sold on Aliexpress, however, it always good idea to check the specifications of the phone before you buy it.

Regarding your comments about "cheap" phones. If you are one of the "new generation boys" who are all day alone play with the phone, meet over the phone, talk over the phone, do love over the phone mostly with virtual girls because real is not interested to deal with such a character you really need most powerful device preferable with support of VR so you can live there without interacting with real life.

However, for all other people who use the phone for making calls, check emails, reserve parking spots, book hotel, flight or show tickets, use Viber, Skype or WhatsApp, take pictures, use a social network and many other things phone for $50-$100 would be just perfect.

For example, for this amount, you can buy Alcatel 5054W, Motorola G4, Huawei Ascend XT2 and many others.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

I checked 12 different phones on AliExpress and all of them would only get 3g on att by the posted specks.  But everyone's milage may very.   

And I use my phone to run a business.  I could careless about games or vr that's what a PC is for.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@infoeureka wrote:

Sorry man, but you are very outdated. Most of today phones are 4G or LTE phones include these sold on Aliexpress, however, it always good idea to check the specifications of the phone before you buy it.

You don’t understand... Those cheap alibaba phones do not have the hardware to access LTE in the USA.  Without compatible 3g and LTE bands a phone won’t run on ATT at all.  Many are 2G phones in the USA.  

Regarding your comments about "cheap" phones. If you are one of the "new generation boys" who are all day alone play with the phone, meet over the phone, talk over the phone, do love over the phone mostly with virtual girls because real is not interested to deal with such a character you really need most powerful device preferable with support of VR so you can live there without interacting with real life.

Cheap = less than 32 gigs internal storage, less than 3 gigs RAM, less than 8 mega pixel camera, less than 1080p screen resolution, less than $200 full retail price.

There are some nice phones out there with near flagship specs for less than flagship prices.  These mid range phones hover in the $300 to $500 price.  An occasional sale might take another $50 or $100 off.  

However, for all other people who use the phone for making calls, check emails, reserve parking spots, book hotel, flight or show tickets, use Viber, Skype or WhatsApp, take pictures, use a social network and many other things phone for $50-$100 would be just perfect.

Yes.  And if you buy a branded phone from ANY carrier, ATT, Verizon, T-mobile, Metro PCS, Boost, Virgin, etc.  every single prepaid phone is locked for up to one year as it’s sold under retail.  

For example, for this amount, you can buy Alcatel 5054W, Motorola G4, Huawei Ascend XT2 and many others.

If you want unlocked, buy unlocked,  larger Best Buy stores have a display of great phones at a variety of price points, that WILL work on US carriers.  

In the past ATT allowed the prepaid phones to be unlocked prior to use on Att.  It was a foolish loop hole no other carrier allowed.  It’s now closed.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have this phone and have been trying to use it with PureTalk, which runs on ATT. Have been on phone with ATT and PureTalk Technical for hours. ATT was able to get the phone working both ways for about one hour. Otherwise I can make calls, not receive, and I can't send text, but receive. I will try one more time with ATT tech, otherwise it's going back to Walmart.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.