Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 14, 2013
8:06:09 PM
View profile
Unlock Device
Edited by ATTJulieCS on Dec 17, 2013 at 9:43:35 AM

I have bought a full price samsung galaxy s4 from AT&T without contract. I'm using prepaid plan.

Now I'm in China and I want to use my Chinese SIM card. However, when I put SIM card into my phone, it ask me SIM network unlock Pin.

So, I don't know what happened.

What should I do?

I have bought a full price samsung galaxy s4 from AT&T without contract. I'm using prepaid plan.

Now I'm in China and I want to use my Chinese SIM card. However, when I put SIM card into my phone, it ask me SIM network unlock Pin.

What should I do?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 14, 2013 10:37:24 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by ATTJulieCS on Dec 17, 2013 at 9:44:00 AM

kitty19700421 wrote:

What should I do?

Hello kitty,

As ACE - ProfessorMax69 has stated, buying your phone for full retail price, without contract does not mean it's unlocked. In order for your phone to qualify for AT&T's Unlock Code request, you must have had the device active for a minimum of 6 months. You must also be able to provide AT&T with the phone number or account number of the account. If you meet the criteria, visit this page to get started.

Note that if you do not meet the criteria, and you consider filing a request anyway, note that AT&T has the right to refuse to provide you with the unlock code. Within the United States, it is illegal to use a third party service to unlock your phone. As you are now outside of the United States, depending on local laws, you may be able to find a third-party pay service that can provide you with an unlock code.

Accepted Solution

Unlock Device

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2013 8:33:24 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ATTJulieCS on Dec 17, 2013 at 9:44:27 AM

A no contract phone is not an unlocked phone. AT&T doesn't sell unlocked phones. I don't know if pre-paid phones qualify for unlock. You may need to go through a third party pay service.

A no contract phone is not an unlocked phone. AT&T doesn't sell unlocked phones. I don't know if pre-paid phones qualify for unlock. You may need to go through a third party pay service.

Re: Unlock Device

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (9,368 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 14, 2013 10:37:24 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by ATTJulieCS on Dec 17, 2013 at 9:44:00 AM

kitty19700421 wrote:

What should I do?

Hello kitty,

As ACE - ProfessorMax69 has stated, buying your phone for full retail price, without contract does not mean it's unlocked. In order for your phone to qualify for AT&T's Unlock Code request, you must have had the device active for a minimum of 6 months. You must also be able to provide AT&T with the phone number or account number of the account. If you meet the criteria, visit this page to get started.

Note that if you do not meet the criteria, and you consider filing a request anyway, note that AT&T has the right to refuse to provide you with the unlock code. Within the United States, it is illegal to use a third party service to unlock your phone. As you are now outside of the United States, depending on local laws, you may be able to find a third-party pay service that can provide you with an unlock code.

kitty19700421 wrote:

What should I do?

Hello kitty,

[ Edited ]
3 of 5 (9,368 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2014 6:04:34 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Moved for better exposure

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (8,702 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 5:01:20 PM
(0)
Community Manager
Moved for better exposure

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Unlock Iphone without contract overseas

5 of 5 (7,773 Views)