For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
catherineNEWBY's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 26th, 2015 9:17 AM

UNLOCK NOKIA LUMIA 635

Hi, everyone!

I do not live in the USA. This summer I came for the first time and stayed for 2 months with my little daughter - she turned 4 and I wanted her to learn some English (which, luckily, she did.)

When I came to the US, I found out I had to buy a new phone - mine being locked here. So I bought a nokia lumia 635 gophone from ATT and paid for 3 months. NOw we're back home and to my surprise, my nokia lumia doesn't work work here either.

What am I to do? If I wait another 3 months without paying and ask again for the unlock code, would it work? Should I pay ATT 25 dollars - the minimum for 3 months that I would never use and wait these 3 months?

Thank you in advance for your responses

HAve a nice day

Catherine 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

www.att.com/deviceunlock

Apply for unlock as a non AT&T customer.

Since it was a gophone, gophones are supposed to be used on the AT&T network for 6 months before eligible for unlocking.

Since you knew about locked phones, why buy a locked phone, do they not sell unlocked phones from the manufacturer?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

And another one for the master solver....  Going for 50 this month?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have the same phone switched to AT&T at the same store I bought it in July of 15.  I would like to unlock the phone.  AT&T won't let me.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Requested unlock code from AT & t.. Recieved. Followed instructions. Unlock code window does not pop up to enter code in. Is there another way to open code window to unlock phone? New phone when purchased. Never attempted to unlock before.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Update. I found a site with a set of keys for the Lumia 630 to bring up unlock code window. I tried in on the 635 as well as 640 and it brings up the unlock code window. You still need the unlock code from AT & T or what ever service you are using. Will update again if it was successful. This key opens up the unlock code window from phone keypad. Thats the GoPhones. ##7280# Hope it works.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

The unlock was a success using the above code to open the unlock code window using the key {Inappropriate content removed} on a Nokia Lumia 635. Also worked on a 640. Was originally posted to work on a 630. You do have to request an unlock code from AT & T or what ever service you are using. It does not remove the boot up screen from the original service most likely because that is built in and would take a phone upgrade. The new sim will work and show on the phone once activated. It will try to do an upgrade but for me it failed but sim still worked. Able to use new sim card. Lumia 640 I didn't need an unlock code. Just had to open the window and it unlocked without a code. Had not been activated to AT & T yet. 635 for my wife I needed a code.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.