For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
viekay's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, December 3rd, 2012 7:08 PM

U-verse app for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on AT&T

I tried downloading the U-verse app on all other carriers (Sprint's and T-Mobile's Note 2 phones) and it downloaded fine. But when I tried to do it on mine it said "Your device isn't compatible", I also tried this on a stock phone in an AT&T store, same issue. I asked the tech support at that store and all they have to say was that they didn't make one for Android. LOL. I was like it works on the other carrier's Note 2, why won't it work for an AT&T? Since U-verse is an AT&T product. Any insite on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hey folks...

The U-verse app has been tested and certified for many different handset types, and a list of qualified devices can be found at www.att.com/uversemobile

The U-verse app may work on other devices outside of this list; however, these are the only devices for which the U-verse app has been tested and certified, and we cannot speak to the apps performance on other devices.  New devices go through a certification process to validate all functions of the U-verse app work correctly.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Why no answer on this one?  As a software developer these thing really bug me.  Can someone from AT&T speak to the developers and ask them to fix the coding issue that is blocking the note 2 on AT&T only.   This is the flagship phone for AT&T it demands support and be fixed by the developer added the model to the acceptable list or better yet getting rid of the accepted list and letting it try to install with a list of compatible devices. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I resorted to the "do it yourself" solution. Root and edit the build.prop file, play store thinks I have a Nexus 7 now... lol. Thanks AT&T, for all the amazing tech support, this will get your ratings up. NOT!

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

jamileh

I think you are missing the point, even if it "might work" on other devices.. .the play store will not let you install the app on the samsung galaxy note II

even thought i think it is featured on the current uverse commericials.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hey there...

The Galaxy Note II is not included on the list of devices this app is availble for so that's why you're having trouble getting it to install. It is available for the original Galaxy Note, however. 

For reference, here's a list of the devices as of today:

Apple®
• iPhone® (all models - iOS 5.0 or higher)
• iPod touch® (all models - iOS 5.0 or higher)

Android™
• HTC Inspire™ 4G
• HTC One X™ 4G
• HTC Vivid™

• LG Escape™
• LG Nitro™
• LG Phoenix™
• LG Thrive™
• LG Thrill™

• MOTOROLA® ATRIX™ 4G
• MOTOROLA® ATRIX 2™
• MOTOROLA® BRAVO™

• Pantech Burst™
• Pantech Discover™
• Pantech Pocket™

• Samsung Captivate Glide™
• Samsung DoubleTime™
• Samsung Galaxy Appeal™
• Samsung Galaxy Note™
• Samsung Infuse™ 4G
• Samsung Captivate™
• Samsung Rugby™

• Sony Ericsson Xperia™ PLAY

Former Employee

• 

229 Messages

11 years ago

I don't think the Uverse app supports Jelly Bean yet. I'm sure an update is right around the corner. 

Former Employee

• 

229 Messages

11 years ago

Update: Looks like an update went out today that will work on Jelly Bean. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.