Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 3, 2012
11:08:57 AM
View profile
U-verse app for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on AT&T

I tried downloading the U-verse app on all other carriers (Sprint's and T-Mobile's Note 2 phones) and it downloaded fine. But when I tried to do it on mine it said "Your device isn't compatible", I also tried this on a stock phone in an AT&T store, same issue. I asked the tech support at that store and all they have to say was that they didn't make one for Android. LOL. I was like it works on the other carrier's Note 2, why won't it work for an AT&T? Since U-verse is an AT&T product. Any insite on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I tried downloading the U-verse app on all other carriers (Sprint's and T-Mobile's Note 2 phones) and it downloaded fine. But when I tried to do it on mine it said "Your device isn't compatible", I also tried this on a stock phone in an AT&T store, same issue. I asked the tech support at that store and all they have to say was that they didn't make one for Android. LOL. I was like it works on the other carrier's Note 2, why won't it work for an AT&T? Since U-verse is an AT&T product. Any insite on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 22, 2013 12:21:42 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hey folks...

The U-verse app has been tested and certified for many different handset types, and a list of qualified devices can be found at www.att.com/uversemobile

The U-verse app may work on other devices outside of this list; however, these are the only devices for which the U-verse app has been tested and certified, and we cannot speak to the apps performance on other devices.  New devices go through a certification process to validate all functions of the U-verse app work correctly.  

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

U-verse app for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on AT&T

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2012 3:04:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

Why no answer on this one?  As a software developer these thing really bug me.  Can someone from AT&T speak to the developers and ask them to fix the coding issue that is blocking the note 2 on AT&T only.   This is the flagship phone for AT&T it demands support and be fixed by the developer added the model to the acceptable list or better yet getting rid of the accepted list and letting it try to install with a list of compatible devices. 

Why no answer on this one?  As a software developer these thing really bug me.  Can someone from AT&T speak to the developers and ask them to fix the coding issue that is blocking the note 2 on AT&T only.   This is the flagship phone for AT&T it demands support and be fixed by the developer added the model to the acceptable list or better yet getting rid of the accepted list and letting it try to install with a list of compatible devices. 

Re: U-verse app for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on AT&T

2 of 8 (4,483 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2012 11:53:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

I resorted to the "do it yourself" solution. Root and edit the build.prop file, play store thinks I have a Nexus 7 now... lol. Thanks AT&T, for all the amazing tech support, this will get your ratings up. NOT!

I resorted to the "do it yourself" solution. Root and edit the build.prop file, play store thinks I have a Nexus 7 now... lol. Thanks AT&T, for all the amazing tech support, this will get your ratings up. NOT!

3 of 8 (4,434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 22, 2013 12:21:42 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hey folks...

The U-verse app has been tested and certified for many different handset types, and a list of qualified devices can be found at www.att.com/uversemobile

The U-verse app may work on other devices outside of this list; however, these are the only devices for which the U-verse app has been tested and certified, and we cannot speak to the apps performance on other devices.  New devices go through a certification process to validate all functions of the U-verse app work correctly.  

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hey folks...

--------------

4 of 8 (3,863 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2013 11:46:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

jamileh

I think you are missing the point, even if it "might work" on other devices.. .the play store will not let you install the app on the samsung galaxy note II

even thought i think it is featured on the current uverse commericials.

jamileh

I think you are missing the point, even if it "might work" on other devices.. .the play store will not let you install the app on the samsung galaxy note II

even thought i think it is featured on the current uverse commericials.

5 of 8 (3,550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2013 11:51:11 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hey there...

The Galaxy Note II is not included on the list of devices this app is availble for so that's why you're having trouble getting it to install. It is available for the original Galaxy Note, however. 

For reference, here's a list of the devices as of today:

Apple®
• iPhone® (all models - iOS 5.0 or higher)
• iPod touch® (all models - iOS 5.0 or higher)

Android™
• HTC Inspire™ 4G
• HTC One X™ 4G
• HTC Vivid™

• LG Escape™
• LG Nitro™
• LG Phoenix™
• LG Thrive™
• LG Thrill™

• MOTOROLA® ATRIX™ 4G
• MOTOROLA® ATRIX 2™
• MOTOROLA® BRAVO™

• Pantech Burst™
• Pantech Discover™
• Pantech Pocket™

• Samsung Captivate Glide™
• Samsung DoubleTime™
• Samsung Galaxy Appeal™
• Samsung Galaxy Note™
• Samsung Infuse™ 4G
• Samsung Captivate™
• Samsung Rugby™

• Sony Ericsson Xperia™ PLAY

--------------

Hey there...

The Galaxy Note II is not included on the list of devices this app is availble for so that's why you're having trouble getting it to install. It is available for the original Galaxy Note, however. 

For reference, here's a list of the devices as of today:

Apple®
• iPhone® (all models - iOS 5.0 or higher)
• iPod touch® (all models - iOS 5.0 or higher)

Android™
• HTC Inspire™ 4G
• HTC One X™ 4G
• HTC Vivid™

• LG Escape™
• LG Nitro™
• LG Phoenix™
• LG Thrive™
• LG Thrill™

• MOTOROLA® ATRIX™ 4G
• MOTOROLA® ATRIX 2™
• MOTOROLA® BRAVO™

• Pantech Burst™
• Pantech Discover™
• Pantech Pocket™

• Samsung Captivate Glide™
• Samsung DoubleTime™
• Samsung Galaxy Appeal™
• Samsung Galaxy Note™
• Samsung Infuse™ 4G
• Samsung Captivate™
• Samsung Rugby™

• Sony Ericsson Xperia™ PLAY

--------------

6 of 8 (3,548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2013 6:42:09 PM
(0)
Employee

I don't think the Uverse app supports Jelly Bean yet. I'm sure an update is right around the corner. 

I don't think the Uverse app supports Jelly Bean yet. I'm sure an update is right around the corner. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 8 (3,511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2013 12:18:15 PM
(0)
Employee

Update: Looks like an update went out today that will work on Jelly Bean. 

Update: Looks like an update went out today that will work on Jelly Bean. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 8 (2,855 Views)