Transfering from Blackberry Torch 9810 to a Nexus 4

Contributor

Transfering from Blackberry Torch 9810 to a Nexus 4

I'm currently using a blackberry torch 9810 with a 300 MB data plan (I'm mainly under WiFi so I don't need a bigger data plan). I want to upgrade to a Nexus 4, especially now with Google dropping the price down a $100. From what I understand I will need to go to the AT&T store and get a micro SIM since my current phone uses a mini SIM. Can they also transer my contacts and text messages from my blackberry to the Nexus? I especially want to keep all of my text messages intact. I have conversations that are important to me that I re-read every so often and would hate to lose that. Is that possible? I want to know this beforehand before I take the plunge.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Transfering from Blackberry Torch 9810 to a Nexus 4

Hmm...as far as contacts being transferred, that can be done with no problems at an AT&T corporate store Smiley Happy

Not too sure about text messages though
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Transfering from Blackberry Torch 9810 to a Nexus 4

I gueess I'll ask in the store. I did find an acceptble compromise, I recently found a screenshot app to capture screenshots of my important texts. I can at least go with that if transfering the texts themselves to the phone is not possible. So I took the plunge, Nexus 4 will be a nice and welcome upgrade.

Thanks for the reply. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support