Troubleshoot your device issues
MoneyManTom's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Friday, December 26th, 2008 3:19 PM

Closed

Transfer Data and Programs from Current Micro SDHC Card to New Micro SDHC Card - Tilt

I want to updgrade the Micro SDHC in my Tilt to a card with a larger capacity.  How do you transfer data and programs from the old card to the new card?  Are there any problems that I should be aware of?  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

111 Messages

15 years ago

It depends on whether the applications are locked to the card or not. Most applications will probably work, but a few won't. For example, Garmin Mobile XT and On Course Navigator 8, both navigation applications, are locked to a specific SD card and can't just be copied over. I think the mjority of applications are not locked to the card, but you need to check the ones you have.
Message Edited by emuyshondt on 12-26-2008 09:10:52 AM

Guru

• 

698 Messages

15 years ago

There are different ways to do this. I prefer to use a card reader. I place my 'old' Micro in a $15 card reader, and hook it to my desktop/laptop, via the attached USB cable. Then I just drag all the files over to a folder on my pc. I then place the new micro in the card reader, and drag all the files back to the new card, then reinsert the card into my Tilt. I've become accustomed to this procedure, as opposed to 'synching.'

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks for your help.

One last question:

Do programs that have been installed on the original micro sdhc card migrate without problems to the new card?  Will the applications still work on the Tilt?

Again, thanks.

Guru

• 

698 Messages

15 years ago

Generally speaking, what you are doing is putting all the files (programs, cab's, exe's, etc.) on the new storage card. But as with your old card, you may have to execute some of the programs for them to work. Also, some programs will run from the SD card, but some won't, and have to be moved/installed onto the device itself. As someone mentioned, some programs/software are 'locked' onto their original cards, but there are ways around that...if you search. I quickly add that I am NOT advocating doing such a thing.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.