Troubleshoot your device issues
GSK's profile

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

Monday, November 24th, 2008 4:22 PM

Closed

Tilt randomly, automatically soft resets!!

My Tilt has suddenly done a soft reset all on its own twice over the last week! Both times I was browsing (once on Opera mini, the other on Skyfire) and it just shut itself down and restarted. Why is it doing this?? I'm glad I wasn't on a call!

Accepted Solution

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

15 years ago

well, after two replacement Tilts and a replacement battery, they sent me a Fuze yesterday. ATT's warranty service sure is an easy, simple process. I just have to wonder, was there anything I was doing wrong to make these Tilts restart? I didn't download anything other than Opera Mini and Google Maps, and it even happened after a hard reset, back to ATT default.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

15 years ago

no one else has this problem? I thought it would be somewhat common!

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

15 years ago

MAYBE running short on memory. My 8525 and my RAZR v3xx will both close the browser if I visit a particular forum that has a lot of stuff going on. I turn off Show Pictures or whatever it is before visiting that site.
Although the phones don't reset themselves, maybe this could be a clue?

Mentor

• 

9 Messages

15 years ago

I'm presently experiencing this problem also. Is there any solutions ?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

What version of WinMo are you running? 

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

15 years ago

II was thinking that sounds like a great feature.  I have to manually reset mine.  Having it automatically do that would save me time.

🙂

Mentor

• 

9 Messages

15 years ago

Using Windows Mobile 6 Professional.

I've had the phone since Dec '07 , have installed one app (back in June '08, Google Maps), and now suddenly the past week the phone has been rebooting about 3 times a day (that I'm aware of), on a full charge.

I know there's an upgrade to 6.1, but this makes no sense (about the rebooting). I've had this thing for 14 months and it's always performed great.

Message Edited by jj2me on 02-19-2009 05:53:40 PM

Scholar

• 

258 Messages

15 years ago

@jj2me wrote:

Using Windows Mobile 6 Professional.

I've had the phone since Dec '07 , have installed one app (back in June '08, Google Maps), and now suddenly the past week the phone has been rebooting about 3 times a day (that I'm aware of), on a full charge.

I know there's an upgrade to 6.1, but this makes no sense (about the rebooting). I've had this thing for 14 months and it's always performed great.

Message Edited by jj2me on 02-19-2009 05:53:40 PM

The problem is not likely to be a software conflict if Google Maps is the only app you've installed and it worked OK for months.

I'd go ahead and update to the 6.1 ROM and see if that makes a difference.  But it could very well be a hardware problem, based on your description.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

I ran into this same issue last year, it did turn out to be a hardware issue. Went to ATT service center (not store) and got my phone replaced. Mine started out once a day or so and eventually was rebooting every few minutes. I personally think the reset button was the culprit, but who knows.

Mentor

• 

9 Messages

15 years ago

Yeah I'm probably going to go with the ROM update this weekend. Gonna also blow out the unit with some canned air (duster) in case lint has built up somewhere, also clean the contacts to the SIM card (I heard that sometimes that can be the culprit as well).

Does anyone know (been a while since I used it) if Sprite Backup backs up text messages ?

Thanks for the help...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.