Troubleshoot your device issues
bwnotredame06's profile

Scholar

• 

146 Messages

Wednesday, December 10th, 2008 8:39 PM

Closed

Tilt Voice Command

I read somewhere that VC on the tilt can read your text messages to you , I haven't been able to figure that out. All I've been able to do is Say call So and So , does anybody know what exactly it can do and can't do, and do you have a list of commands that it uses, Thanks in advanced.

Message Edited by bwnotredame06 on 12-10-2008 12:40:17 PM

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

Start > Settings > Voice Command > Notifications > select Annonce notification using Bluetooth hands free *if available*

What this means is that if you have BT paired, it will announce via BT, otherwise it will announce through speaker.

Master

• 

3K Messages

15 years ago

Here is a comprehensive guide to Microsoft Voice Command.

Guru

• 

635 Messages

15 years ago

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

15 years ago

I've used MS Voice Command on my Cingular 8125, and now on my AT&T Tilt with V6.1.

I use it daily, and have had none of the reported Bluetooth problems with any of my Bluetooth devices (both regular headsets and stereo headsets).

MS Voice Command on my Tilt will announce incoming calls by caller ID, and will read entire text messages when they are received.  It also controls Windows Media player without any major problems.

The only problem I'm having is with incoming e-mail.
My Tilt will alert me of an incoming e-mail, but MS Voice Command will not announce anything.
If I remember correctly, on my 8125, MS Voice Command would announce who the e-mail is from, and then announce the Subject of the e-mail.

I've read through as much as I could on MS Voice Command when my Tilt had WinMo V6.0.
I thought upgrading the ROM to V6.1 would fix my problem with announcing incoming e-mail, but the problem remains.

I'm beginning to wonder if I there's another program that is conflicting with MS Voice Command ... either a sound setting or an e-mail program.

Can anyone tell me what an incoming e-mail announcement from MS Voice Command should sound like?

Does anyone with an AT&T Tilt have MS Voice Command set to announce incoming e-mails, and does it work properly?

Scholar

• 

228 Messages

15 years ago

Start...Settings...VoiceCommand...

If the box next to Messaging is not checked then check it.

Then Select Messaging and tap Options.

That is where you have the option to announce new messages or just high priority messages (which is what I have - I get too, too many messages each day that do not require my immediate attention.).

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

vovillamor,

My messaging announces emails as well as texts.

The emails it will NOT announce are those that I have pushed through www.emoze.com or from hotmail. However, it announces my gmail.

Is your Tilt not announcing ANY emails or just particular ones?

Scholar

• 

146 Messages

15 years ago

vovillamor wrote:

MS Voice Command on my Tilt will announce incoming calls by caller ID, and will read entire text messages when they are received. 
Does it only read to you when using a bluetooth device, or can it do it through the speaker, and if so how do you go about doing that, I have everything checked under VC settings.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.