09-08-2010 11:08 PM
I have the original Tilt (8925) phone with Windows Mobile Professional 6.1. It's been a great phone and still works good after two years. However, I have recently been experiencing a really annoying problem. I check my e-mail by clicking on "Messaging," which I assume is Pocket Outlook. I've never had any problems downloading my POP3 e-mail this whole time. But recently, when I click on "Messaging," I get the busy icon briefly and no application loads. Rebooting the phone does not make a difference. The application is not in task manager, so I assume it's not actually loading anything. I went to Microsoft's Office Mobile website and dowloaded the Office Mobile 6.1 upgrade. However, when I attempted to install through ActiveSync, it aborted with a message (see below image) that the version of Office Mobile installed is already later than the one I was attempting to install. It recommended I go to "Remove Programs" on the device or desktop PC and remove the current version first. Unfortunately, Office Mobile is not listed in either place. The phone's Powerpoint, Word, and Excel still work just fine. Is there anyway to repair my phone's installation of Pocket Outlook? I would rather not restore the entire device. Thanks!
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-10-2010 11:02 AM
Ok, I have a bit more information to provide. I called AT&T support and they were not able to resolve the issue, basically making me do a soft reset. I asked if the reason the Office Mobile apps did not show up in Remove Applications is because possibly they are part of the ROM and they said no. However, when I call HTC, they say that is exactly the reason, because AT&T asked them to package Office Mobile with Windows Mobile in the ROM, as opposed to most other similar Windows Mobile devices. Both AT&T and HTC say my only solution is to perform a master reset, which will obviously wipe the phone. Anyone else have a solution which will repair this ONE problem application?
09-10-2010 12:23 PM
Well, perserverance pays off to avoid the dreaded master reset. After searching several forums, I found someone who solved this issue by simply deleting the inbox.mst file. In my case, it was an empty folder on the root of the storage card, the name having a bunch of numbers after it. After I deleted the folder, presto, messaging now loads up and my settings are preserved. (I don't retain e-mail on my phone anyway, so didn't lose any data.) Hope this helps someone else in the same scenario.
© 2016 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!