Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 4, 2009
6:21:32 PM
Syncing Contacts from Outlook with Windows Mobile 6.1

I just downloaded and installed Windows Mobile 6.1 for my Tilt. However, I cannot sync my contacts from Microsoft Outlook. I read on the HTC website that "All Tilt users that update their devices to Windows Mobile 6.1 will also need to install the new BlackBerry Connect handheld client," so when I tried to do this, my PC came up with an error. Before the update, I was able to just connect the phone to my PC, and all new contacts would sync up effortlessly. Will I still be able to do this with the update, or do I have to sync a different way?

Also, I don't have a BlackBerry Connect Plan with AT&T, so could this present a different problem?

I just downloaded and installed Windows Mobile 6.1 for my Tilt. However, I cannot sync my contacts from Microsoft Outlook. I read on the HTC website that "All Tilt users that update their devices to Windows Mobile 6.1 will also need to install the new BlackBerry Connect handheld client," so when I tried to do this, my PC came up with an error. Before the update, I was able to just connect the phone to my PC, and all new contacts would sync up effortlessly. Will I still be able to do this with the update, or do I have to sync a different way?

Also, I don't have a BlackBerry Connect Plan with AT&T, so could this present a different problem?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 4, 2009 8:04:53 PM
(0)
Professor

You simply need to re-create the partnership between your device and your pc.

When you connect you device to the pc it should detect it.  Open ActiveSynce or Windows Mobile Device center and follow the on-screen instructions for setting up the partnership.

Accepted Solution

Syncing Contacts from Outlook with Windows Mobile 6.1

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2009 7:02:19 PM
(0)
Master

Blackberry Connect is only for people that use their Windows Mobile device to a Blackberry service.

Blackberry Connect is only for people that use their Windows Mobile device to a Blackberry service.

Re: Syncing Contacts from Outlook with Windows Mobile 6.1

2 of 6 (1,879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2009 7:25:44 PM
(0)
Tutor
As of now, I have the Unlimited PDA Personal Data Plan, not the BlackBerry Personal.
As of now, I have the Unlimited PDA Personal Data Plan, not the BlackBerry Personal.

3 of 6 (1,869 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 4, 2009 8:04:53 PM
(0)
Professor

When you connect you device to the pc it should detect it.  Open ActiveSynce or Windows Mobile Device center and follow the on-screen instructions for setting up the partnership.

4 of 6 (1,863 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2009 8:06:41 PM
(0)
Tutor
I guess I answered my own problem by uninstalling/reinstalling Windows Mobile Center. My contact synced back up, and everything is currently working well!
I guess I answered my own problem by uninstalling/reinstalling Windows Mobile Center. My contact synced back up, and everything is currently working well!

5 of 6 (1,861 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2009 8:08:08 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks! That's pretty much exactly what I did!Smiley Happy
Thanks! That's pretty much exactly what I did!Smiley Happy

6 of 6 (1,859 Views)