Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Switching from Straight Talk to AT&T

Tutor

Switching from Straight Talk to AT&T

I currently have 3 phones with Straight Talk.  I have one that is unlocked that I will be switching now to AT&T.  My question is, I also have an Iphone 4 and a Samsung Galaxy S3 that I bought with Straight Talk/ as Straight Talk phones.  Can I switch these over to AT&T with problem as well?  If so, do I need to get SIM cards?

Message 1 of 24
ACE - Professor

Re: Switching from Straight Talk to AT&T

More like "yay, unregulated industry, mostly" ;-]

This my fave article on the topic, as a whole: http://www.androidcentral.com/unlocked-phones-europe

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 24
Contributor

Can I keep my same number
Message 17 of 24
Contributor

needing to know something so a friend is giving me a phone and is hooked up with AT&T and is active and all I am is taking over the payments and I have an active strait talk phone and I was wondering if I can change my number over the the phone that got gave to me?
Message 18 of 24
Contributor

I had an old Nokia flip phone 2g with AT&T prepaid which expired on 12/31. I just bought a Straight Talk Apple iphone 5s prepaid (AT&T was out of stock). Is it possible to switch that over to AT&T with the number I had? If so, please let me know how to do this.

Also, my old number is still active with a balance 

"Current Balance  $8.90 Expires on Jan 19, 2017"

Thanks!  

Message 19 of 24
Contributor

If you have to wait 24 hrs then what do you do in the meantime... I went to target because they were having a deal on phones 2x. Both times they had trouble porting the number over so they had them cancel everything. Can they give you the phone without knowing they successfully ported your number over?
Message 20 of 24
Contributor

I have a question I had at&t before but I switched to straight talk and is there any way I can switch back to at&t and keep the same number? 

Message 21 of 24
ACE - Sage

@Wlugo1  Yes, of course.  You need your ST account number and PIn code.  Go to an ATT store and have the number ported back.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 22 of 24
Contributor

i had the same number when I had at&t and when I did walk into at&t store they said I couldn’t 

Message 23 of 24
Contributor

Re: Switching from Straight Talk to AT

Wow, my question was months ago. Thanks anyway.
Message 24 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support