Troubleshoot your device issues
skduke's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, August 2nd, 2013 12:02 PM

Switching from Straight Talk to AT&T

I currently have 3 phones with Straight Talk.  I have one that is unlocked that I will be switching now to AT&T.  My question is, I also have an Iphone 4 and a Samsung Galaxy S3 that I bought with Straight Talk/ as Straight Talk phones.  Can I switch these over to AT&T with problem as well?  If so, do I need to get SIM cards?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I tried to do porting couple of my Straight talk number to ATT for past 5 day. There is no success and I had  to return phone to ATT and I closed my account finally with ATT. Really unhappy about the process followed in ATT. One person says it can be done and next person says I can port only one number and not the other one. Finally everything got messedup and there is no way for ATT to port the numbers. I surrendered all phones and closed the ATT account. Happy ending.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Okay I can't get pasy a screen on my phone. My husband default reset his ZTEZ812 and I believed he got into the configuration system that has all the numbers and you choose to reprogram it.So I cut it off then on, it goes to Welcome screen and u choose language, hit next, then it gets to WiFi and i choose the right one but when I try to touch the screen to type in password, it Won't pull up keyboard and says Please create your keeper account or sign into an existing account, i hit OK, but it won't let me type anything! And the Next option isn't highlighted in the bottom corner! So I'm stuck. How can I get past this? I sign into his account on my phone, can I see if the Keyboard was deleted. Or is there a way to reset/reprogram it? Or if not, we have a straight talk phone and a Cricket phone, can I switch account over to one of them?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Here's a link to the Keeper help, but it looke like you'll need to unlock this, before you move forward on adding it to AT&T.

Alternatively, you can reset it, look up something like "ZTE 812 hard reset", but this will result in ALL your phone data being lost, so make SURE to back up anything critical, before a hard-reset.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have an AT&T account.  My last phone broke (stopped charging).  I got the bright idea that I could purchase an Iphone 5 from walmart under the Straight Talk brand and just put my AT&T sim card in it.  After a few hours of struggling to figure out how to do this with no success I chatted with an agent on the Straight Talk website.  According to them you need to have a 12 month plan with Straight talk before you are allowed to change carriers on that specific phone. Time to return the phone to walmart, wait for my money to be refunded to the card, and purchase a phone through some other means because spending $400-$700 for a phone is not an option.  Yay American economy

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

More like "yay, unregulated industry, mostly" ;-]

This my fave article on the topic, as a whole: http://www.androidcentral.com/unlocked-phones-europe

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Can I keep my same number

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

needing to know something so a friend is giving me a phone and is hooked up with AT&T and is active and all I am is taking over the payments and I have an active strait talk phone and I was wondering if I can change my number over the the phone that got gave to me?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I had an old Nokia flip phone 2g with AT&T prepaid which expired on 12/31. I just bought a Straight Talk Apple iphone 5s prepaid (AT&T was out of stock). Is it possible to switch that over to AT&T with the number I had? If so, please let me know how to do this.

Also, my old number is still active with a balance 

"Current Balance  $8.90 Expires on Jan 19, 2017"

Thanks!  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

If you have to wait 24 hrs then what do you do in the meantime... I went to target because they were having a deal on phones 2x. Both times they had trouble porting the number over so they had them cancel everything. Can they give you the phone without knowing they successfully ported your number over?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have a question I had at&t before but I switched to straight talk and is there any way I can switch back to at&t and keep the same number? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.