Troubleshoot your device issues
axeler8's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 22nd, 2017 1:44 AM

Switching Pixel 2 from Verizon to ATT

Hi,

I have a pixel 2 that is being used on Verizon network. I am on a payment plan for it where I am tied to Verizon for 2 years until I pay it off, and get the credit for signing up to that deal. I was wondering if i keep making the payments on that phone but gift the phone to my girlfriend who is on the ATT network, would the device/IMEI still be locked with Verizon until i fully pay it off? I heard some service providers use a plug in SIM which doesn't care about that, but I don't know much about that. I'm trying to see if I can get away getting credits from Verizon instead of paying off the phone right away. Thanks in advance.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Verizon phones are not locked. It will work fine on ATT. Whether or not Verizon lets you keep paying for it even though not using it is between you and Verizon.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I know that Verizon pixel 2s are unlocked (at least besides the bootloader), my concern is if ATT will accept the phone to be used in their network, even though the phone is still under a payment plan at verizon? I am still staying with Verizon and using a different device for my line as I continue payments on the pixel 2

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

As I said, it will work fine on ATT. ATT doesn’t care if it is still on a payment plan with Verizon or anywhere else.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

The carriers don’t care what you do with the phone as long as you make the payments.  The Device payment plan is a sales agreement, the phone is entirely yours.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.