Troubleshoot your device issues
Dr.Tusculum's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, April 3rd, 2009 1:11 AM

Sony Ericsson z310a "Blue Flashing LED's of Death"

I bought my z310a about six months ago and havent had any problems with it till yesterday. I was walking back from class and turned my on to make a call and noticed that my phone was just flashing blue. This video better explains the problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lttYI9sqI9E. If anyone can shed some light on this problem i owe you much thanks.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@Dr.Tusculum wrote:
I bought my z310a about six months ago and havent had any problems with it till yesterday. I was walking back from class and turned my on to make a call and noticed that my phone was just flashing blue. This video better explains the problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lttYI9sqI9E. If anyone can shed some light on this problem i owe you much thanks.

A similar problem dubbed BROD (Blue Ring Of Death) has plagued the SE K850i. The later versions of SEUS fixed BROD through reflashing and the DaVinci Team has always worked as a last resort. The Youtube video you linked to has the following update added:

UPDATE: I have fixed my phone! Basically, remove the battery, connect to the charger, press and hold C while plugging charger into wall, continue holding C while placing battery back into phone. If that doesn't work for you, then flash the phone...or get a new phone.

Hope this helps.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

Cheers mate, Ive tried to use the video descrition fix but didn't have any luck with it. But thanks for the response and info. Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

Fixed it.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@Dr.Tusculum wrote:
Fixed it.

Glad to hear that — since your previous response indicated the advice in the video didn't help, would you mind telling us what you ended up doing?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

First of all, this phone is complete garbage. I've gone through three of them so far, with AT&T replacing all but the last one free of charge. That they charged me for the last one when I'd done nothing to it is but one of many reasons I'll be going to Verizon after my contract ends, after renewing three times with AT&T. But anyway, I solved this problem by basically turning off the phone, then turning it back on while holding down the "C" button. I had to do this two or three times, but it worked.

As for AT&T and Sony Ericsson phones... suck it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.