Troubleshoot your device issues
ManchesterFan7's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, March 20th, 2009 9:53 PM

Closed

Sony Ericsson W350

My newly bought sony ericsson w350 isn't showing up on my imac.  Any reasons?  My w508i would always show up on my imac.  Is the w350 not compatible or something? Plz help!

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

1.2K Messages

15 years ago

I believe the w350 is based on the newer A2/DB3150 platform, whereas the w580 was based on the older DB2020 platform. I would advise you to go to the official SONY Ericsson website and download the latest PC Suite for your Mac, install it, and then try connecting your phone to your Mac.

EDIT: Sorry, just realized I wasn't completely clear. The newest PC Suite will have the updated drivers for the newest phones out there, including your w350.

Edit 2: So that way, your Mac will be able to "see" and understand how to handle the w350.
Message Edited by EBSkater on 03-21-2009 11:04:12 AM

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Did your question get solved?  I am having the same problem and went to the Sony Ericsson website to download the latest PC suite.  However, that is just the problem the PC suite is intended for windows computers not macs.  Did you find a download anywhere else or a solution at all?  Please help.  Thanks!

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

15 years ago

Yeah it was solved.  Just look above

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@Zeusie wrote:
Did your question get solved?  I am having the same problem and went to the Sony Ericsson website to download the latest PC suite.  However, that is just the problem the PC suite is intended for windows computers not macs.  Did you find a download anywhere else or a solution at all?  Please help.  Thanks!

The program for Mac is called iSync, not PC Suite — hope this helps.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.