Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 20, 2012
11:14:55 PM
Sim unlock

Hi

I bought a htc one X from ebay the other day for use in Kenya.

I have tried to purchase an unlock code from several vendors but they all say that the phone is too new or manufacturer refurbished

I really need to use this phone, so can anyone please tell me how do I go about getting an unlock code from  AT&T.

Any input, any idea is highly valued.

Thank all of you

Hi

I bought a htc one X from ebay the other day for use in Kenya.

I have tried to purchase an unlock code from several vendors but they all say that the phone is too new or manufacturer refurbished

I really need to use this phone, so can anyone please tell me how do I go about getting an unlock code from  AT&T.

Any input, any idea is highly valued.

Thank all of you

(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 21, 2012 6:55:44 AM
(1)
Professor

What the unlock services are telling you is correct. Since the One X is new, and exclusive to AT&T, they will not provide an unlock code for it.

Accepted Solution

Sim unlock

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 21, 2012 6:55:44 AM
(1)
Professor

What the unlock services are telling you is correct. Since the One X is new, and exclusive to AT&T, they will not provide an unlock code for it.

Re: Sim unlock

2 of 3 (9,985 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2012 8:18:44 AM
(0)
Tutor
Several ebay retailers are selling the codes and judging by the response they get, they actually issue the codes and they work. For example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390439315733?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 So am wondering if AT&T will give me the unlock code. **also note that am not an at&t customer, matter of fact I have never been to the US of A
Several ebay retailers are selling the codes and judging by the response they get, they actually issue the codes and they work. For example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390439315733?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 So am wondering if AT&T will give me the unlock code. **also note that am not an at&t customer, matter of fact I have never been to the US of A

Re: Sim unlock

3 of 3 (9,948 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments