Troubleshoot your device issues
oxojim's profile

Scholar

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, November 26th, 2008 4:52 PM

Closed

Setting up personal email on pearl 8110

I've reached a dead end and don't know how to proceed in setting up my gmail account so I can send and receive email on my Pearl 8110.

Went to Setup Wizard, which only offers me the option of BES or skip. Don't want to synch with work email.

I went to the ATT BIS set up site, entered my PIN and IMEI numbers. Got a pop up that said your device isn't registered with the network yet, you should, but if you don't you may not get some functionality.

Checked PDF owners' manual about registration. Went to Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, Menu, Register Now, got a pop up that said registration message sent. Approximately 2.5 hours ago. Nothing has happened at my end since.

Continued through the ATT BIS set up and was told I had successfully set up my gmail account. Clicked on send service book. Haven't seen any messages, updates or other changes.

Went to my phone, selected compose an email, and got a message "no account set up, you can only save a draft."

What am I missing? Where do I go next?

I posted the above at blackberryforums.com and one guy suggested that I might need to contact the provider (ATT) to do a reset and allow me to register or re-register. Does that seem right?

What should be happening? What I am supposed to see going on after completing these steps?

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

15 years ago

Glad you were able to get your plan fixed! I hope you have fun figuring out your new Blackberry! Smiley Wink

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

15 years ago

@oxojim wrote:
I've reached a dead end and don't know how to proceed in setting up my gmail account so I can send and receive email on my Pearl 8110.

Went to Setup Wizard, which only offers me the option of BES or skip. Don't want to synch with work email.

I went to the ATT BIS set up site, entered my PIN and IMEI numbers. Got a pop up that said your device isn't registered with the network yet, you should, but if you don't you may not get some functionality.

Checked PDF owners' manual about registration. Went to Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, Menu, Register Now, got a pop up that said registration message sent. Approximately 2.5 hours ago. Nothing has happened at my end since.

Continued through the ATT BIS set up and was told I had successfully set up my gmail account. Clicked on send service book. Haven't seen any messages, updates or other changes.

Went to my phone, selected compose an email, and got a message "no account set up, you can only save a draft."

What am I missing? Where do I go next?

I posted the above at blackberryforums.com and one guy suggested that I might need to contact the provider (ATT) to do a reset and allow me to register or re-register. Does that seem right?

What should be happening? What I am supposed to see going on after completing these steps?

If you're sure you have the Blackberry data plan, I'd recommend calling AT&T's Blackberry support department. Sounds like your account wasn't provisioned correctly.

1-800-331-0500

Scholar

• 

25 Messages

15 years ago

Hmmmm. I have some kind of data plan. Don't know if it's a BlackBerry data plan.

Is that a different kind of animal?

Guru

• 

483 Messages

15 years ago

@ Absolutely - You must have a BB plan to get email & internet. AT&T offers Blackberry Internet Service @ $29.99. A Media Net plan will not work.

BJ

@oxojim wrote:
Hmmmm. I have some kind of data plan. Don't know if it's a BlackBerry data plan.

Is that a different kind of animal?

Scholar

• 

25 Messages

15 years ago

BINGO!!!!!

When I switched from a WINDOWS based phone, my data plan didn't get updated. I went to the store, they changed my data plan, I got loads of new icons / applications, and best of all . . . everything works.

Thanks for the help in figuring this out. I really appreciate it.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.