Troubleshoot your device issues
QuadQuark's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Monday, May 8th, 2017 10:28 AM

Senior Uses Flip Phone Wants to Learn IPhone - Can I Switch Back And Forth From Current Phone?

I am an older person and have been using a Flip Phone since can't remember when. I was given an unlocked "Track Phone" (??), so I can play around on it to learn how to use the IPhone.  1) Do I have to add another phone (But same phone number!) to my plan; 2) Do I have to buy one of those OTC time limited phone cards; 3) Can I switch the SIM card in my Flip Phone over to the other phone to practice on, then put it back in my main phone so I can readily use it? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

A phone from Tracfone is likely not an iPhone, but an android, which has several brands.   Android phones can be set up without a SIM card to practice use.  All you need it a wifi connection.

The SIM card in smartphones and basic phones are not interchangeable.  

The tracfone may not be usable on ATT.

If it is, you might have to unlock it from Tracfone.  

You would then have to take it to ATT for a SIM card for your phone number. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@QuadQuark You'll likely be able to learn to make phone calls in just a few minutes.

It's a lot less complicated than moving that SIM back and forth (and if they aren't the same size is even more of an issue). 

The other features might take you longer to start using but calling (and texting) are pretty easy to use.

Out of curiosity, which model iPhone is it?

Once you determine if it's AT&T compatible and unlocked, you'll just replace the current phone you have with this one on the same line with the same number.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@QuadQuark What is the company name on the phone?  

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

I don't even know how to turn it on. There is only the LG initials and symbol on it.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

LG usually has more marking to determine model.  

Your phone would have buttons on the side, one power and 2 for volume.  Press and hold the single button.  You might need to charge the phone. 

Google the model number to find a tutorial.  Since it's not an ATT phone, it will not be on ATT website. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@QuadQuark wrote:

I don't even know how to turn it on. There is only the LG initials and symbol on it.

Just asking for the brand. It's LG, so I'll assume it's NOT iPhone (it's Android).

I'll still stick with my original statement:

You'll likely be able to learn to make phone calls in just a few minutes.

It's a lot less complicated than moving that SIM back and forth (especially if you can't even turn it on)...

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

​Thanks​

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the holla....

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@QuadQuark

You can always ask a teenager.   LOL.   Kids these days know how to operate the phones.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.